+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I'm sorry about your loss, Marleybone. It's always tough losing a family member.

I'm so sorry about your loss, Marleybone. It's always hard to say goodbye to a family pet. And wow! 15 years old! What a wonderful life your sweet kitty must have had. Thank God for our memories. I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Premium Member
    Thank you Wolf and Rumpshaker. We are doing fine now.

We had our little 30-pound dog Sibbie spayed yesterday and I feel just awful for her. Poor little thing. She looks miserable, isn't eating, barely drinking. Last night she vomited over and over again. I don't understand why they don't give them any extra pain medication for at least a few days. We paid extra for her to get the pain shot before sending her home, but that's it. Is there anything special I can do to make her more comfortable? I was going to buy some canned dog food and see if she'll nibble some of that. I guess as long as she's resting that's good, right?
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    We had our little 30-pound dog Sibbie spayed yesterday and I feel just awful for her. Poor little thing. She looks miserable, isn't eating, barely drinking. Last night she vomited over and over again. I don't understand why they don't give them any extra pain medication for at least a few days. We paid extra for her to get the pain shot before sending her home, but that's it. Is there anything special I can do to make her more comfortable? I was going to buy some canned dog food and see if she'll nibble some of that. I guess as long as she's resting that's good, right?
    My best advice to help her is to lay with her and give her lots of "oogy oogy good baaabbbbbyyyyy" talks. I'm serious too. Dogs are lil babies and they sop up that baby talk like candy!

Rest is perfect...let her sleep off the trauma and heartache. Just make sure to rouse her up when it's her 'normal' feeding time, keep her in groove with the usual house stuff. She'll be better soon.

BUT.. the constant puking is a red flag.. I suggest calling the vet and letting them know what's happening. It might be something that they can help you with, cuz I have never had any pet of mine puke after coming home from being fixed.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Premium Member
    Maveno is right. None of my dogs have ever vomited after the surgery. They always come home and run around like nothing happened. It's not normal for them to vomit the day after surgery, so definitely let the vet know. Also, look at her belly and make a note of whether she has external stitches or not. My golden retriever Katie was spayed just over a year ago and my vet used some kind of 'glue' to hold the incision together, then 4 days later it came apart. She was ok, I caught it early before the whole thing opened up, but she ended up with staples that had to stay in for 10 days. Scary.. so watch it closely if that's what your vet used. Not trying to scare you, but that could have been a life-threatening disaster if it had happened when we weren't home.

Aw, Rumpie, I agree with Maveno and Marley...this is NOT NORMAL. I hope you have contacted your vet by now. I've had four males fixed, and one female, and NONE of them have had adverse reactions like that. They were more like Marley was saying, running around which forced me to try to keep them quiet. Let me know how things go, okay?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I had an older greyhound that had vomiting problems for a year +. Let me know if this continues to be a problem because I can probably help you out with some food, (as well as cleaning), ideas. Hope all goes well in the recovery process. *hugs*
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Kittens! Only 3 this time... 2 black (tuxedo) and one white. My little sister (Big Brothers/Sisters) already has one picked out. She loves my hedgehog - loves to feed him mealworms. I took her to the pet store yesterday to get more 'cause she loves animals and hadn't been to the local store. We spent an hour looking at fish and birds and reptiles and rats. We decided to get a couple of crickets for the hedgehog to see if he would eat those. Well he kills them, but doesn't eat them. Had to explain to her what feeder mice are. Then we took the dog for a walk in the woods. Fun pet day all around.
    Count your blessings!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Rumpie -- I hope your baby is feeling better by now.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread