+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3221002;
    Well last year, he was so happy to get out of the car, that he practically ran in the vet's office and was SO happy in there. But we took him to get neutered, so this year, his memory of the place wasn't so happy. Funny thing is that he doesn't mind the shots. He shows no reaction whatsoever.

And we got all 3 flea treatment, so by last night, the scratching had ceased. All will get baths tomorrow and Waldo is going to get clipped and we are treating the yard and hopefully everyone will be good to go for a while.
    Rosie and Bogie are due to visit the vet in Dec. but they LOVE riding in the car.

And Newf, how did you know how my husband drives???

Queenb, I have a carrier for the little dogs and it does fit in the car. But Waldo is now 70 pounds and fairly tall. The only problem with him going in the back seat, even in a carrier is that I'd have to smell what he would leave in the carrier. Been there, done that once and got really sick in the vet's flower bed. He has to go in the back of the truck.
    I'm surprised about the fleas not being a problem since you live in a warm place I have to dose my dogs once a month from April to October for heartworm and fleas.

MRD

We had a bigger flea problem in Florida. We didn 't have much of a problem at the old house and we have used flea treatment for so long that we just didn't have fleas. I ran out about 3 months ago and forgot to get anymore, but it hasn't been a problem until we moved. Now they are back on flea treatment. But the winter months usually help control the fleas.

My poor baby is BALD!!! He looks so different. But he did well, even on the ride there and back, no accidebts. He was a good boy at the groomers (I worried as he has nipped me when I've tried to clip out knots), but they took their time and were patient and didn't have to muzzle him.

He seems happy,. I'll try to post a picture later.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yay for Waldo! Maybe he's getting over his bad car behavior.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am soooo grateful for no flea issues!!! Yuck!!!

Now, now....let's not call Waldo's problems "bad car behavior". He has bodily function issues.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So sorry, Waldo! Bodily function issues sounds much better.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think have finally found the best comb for removing fur mats and excess loose hair from my gurls, and I've had it here all of the time!! Up until now, I've been using slicker brushes, a specialized close toothed comb, etc. What I now know works the best is what I kept on hand for my long-haired baby, Gail. I didn't think there was any need to try that comb because the teeth seemed too far apart to be effective on their short coats. It's a medium comb with a wood handle that I got from my vet's office. While my gurls are all domestic short-haired babies, this comb seems to cause minimal stress and discomfort. I finally got a mat or two out of Miss Chloe's coat that I had been battling for a pretty long time, and I didn't want to cut it out. It came out very easily and quickly, and she has been noticeably happier ever since. Shocked me! Those 2 mats must have really been uncomfortable for her, and she's been easier to groom ever since....purring and loving. I am sooo pleased!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have just found this funny picture, a fat lady loves her puppy but can't find it any more, so she just put s Lost Poster there:
    Lost puppy.......

MRD

Here is my poor bald WAldo

Before photo
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

AWWW Waldo. You do look handsome though.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

He looks SO handsome!

+ Reply to Thread