+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

FORT Fanatic

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3220852;
    Does anyone have knowledge of the existence of a wheeled double pet carrier (for 2 of my gurls at once). I could have sworn that I saw one once, but I can't find anything about it now. Help!
    Like this?

Kittywalk Double Decker Pet Stroller for two pets - Free Shipping

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Not if I can help it. I really don't want a stroller. I want 2 actual carriers, somehow double-mounted. I'm hoping that this is not the best I can do. Thank you for the suggestion, though!

My use will be for just when we go to the vet or any similar place. I'm not looking to take anybody for a walk.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Shay. I have the double-decker stroller ....too cute! I believe that you can remove both carriers and use them separately without the stroller if that is what you are looking for. But any type of a carrier with wheels will be somewhat like a stroller.

If you are looking for a double decked carrier, without wheels, so that you can carry it, I would reconsider. Even two store bought carriers, somehow joined together gets very heavy with two kitties in it and becomes rather high so you have to make sure you are holding it up so the bottom carrier doesn't drag on the ground. That would seem pretty awkward to me. Much easieer to have some wheels.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3220760;
    The problem is that while they are big enough, I don't have a vehicle big enough to transport the carrier he would need.
    OK, I have to ask...how big IS Waldo? In his pictures I thought he was maybe the size of a Golden or Chow, not all that huge. Or do I remember wrong? My sister's Boxers crate goes in the back seat of my Corolla easily, without laying the seat down, and Raisin weighs about 65 pounds. I thought that was Waldo-sized. At least your JRT's will fit in large kitty carriers!

Gabriel, I also just take the carrier apart when I get to the vet. BooBoo will walk out, eventually, but the techs don't want to give her time. most are better but last time I went I wanted to punch the woman in the nose. She came in talking ludly, and kept popping her hand on the carrier for emphasis--about the third time, I told her to STOP HITTING THE TOP OF THE CAGE! at which point she proceeds to try to drag my cat out by the head--I asked for another tech, ASAP. In the future I will request this woman not handle my animal.

Shay, I agree with Misskitty--if the carriers won't roll, it will be heavy. I strain even with one in either hand. I bet you could find something intended for show cats that would be more like what you want and less a stroller.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3220779;
    This is a major part of getting them there. I mean Joey is only a 16 pounder (actually he is down to about 15 now) and Mona was only 9 pounds but Lord almighty! We had to stand the carrier on end to get them to "fall out" Now we just take the carrier apart and take him out. Mom & Dads Max is a major major talking cat and he sounds like he is being tortured, of course until he gets inside then he gets all sweet. Missy the Bassett (rest her soul)would sometimes just sit down and refuse to move right out side the door.
    Well last year, he was so happy to get out of the car, that he practically ran in the vet's office and was SO happy in there. But we took him to get neutered, so this year, his memory of the place wasn't so happy. Funny thing is that he doesn't mind the shots. He shows no reaction whatsoever.

And we got all 3 flea treatment, so by last night, the scratching had ceased. All will get baths tomorrow and Waldo is going to get clipped and we are treating the yard and hopefully everyone will be good to go for a while.
    Rosie and Bogie are due to visit the vet in Dec. but they LOVE riding in the car.

And Newf, how did you know how my husband drives???

Queenb, I have a carrier for the little dogs and it does fit in the car. But Waldo is now 70 pounds and fairly tall. The only problem with him going in the back seat, even in a carrier is that I'd have to smell what he would leave in the carrier. Been there, done that once and got really sick in the vet's flower bed. He has to go in the back of the truck.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Waldo is at the groomers. I'll try to post an after pic when we pick him up. He was not happy, but was more or less resigned to being there.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Poor Waldo. This past week or so has sure been hard on him. (you too MRD)
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

But Waldo will be SO handsome when he gets home. I bet he'll smell good too!

I hope Waldo is happy that he's getting his hairs cut and a little cologne! You must post a pic!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3221692;
    He needs somebody to keep it warm for him while he's in the litterbox.
    And here he is back from the litter box...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread