+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Drive a little safer and maybe you won't scare the crap out of him
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I still don't understand why a big size carrier with the plastic tray type bottom, not the wire cage, wouldn't solve the whole problem. Rocky always got horribly sick both ways in the car, but I could just wash the whole carrier, kitty, and everything at the same time when I got home. It's safer for animals to ride in a good sturdy carrier anyway. I cringe wen I see dogs riding in people's laps, when I think what would happen if someone hit that car head on.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3220678;
    Drive a little safer and maybe you won't scare the crap out of him
    *snicker**CHORTLE**
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3220680;
    I still don't understand why a big size carrier with the plastic tray type bottom, not the wire cage, wouldn't solve the whole problem. Rocky always got horribly sick both ways in the car, but I could just wash the whole carrier, kitty, and everything at the same time when I got home. It's safer for animals to ride in a good sturdy carrier anyway. I cringe wen I see dogs riding in people's laps, when I think what would happen if someone hit that car head on.
    Ya think there is something out there big enough for Waldo, that he'll actually go into?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Well, they do make them that fit Great Danes, even! If cats can be put into carriers, any dog is easy--just throw in ham!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD: Have you thought about a groomer that can come to Waldo? I found this:

Dog Gone Hairy Mobile Dog Grooming of Greenville SC

They offer baths, clippings, nail trims and all sorts of other services for dogs. I don't know how much it is, but it might be worth checking into. It's probably less expensive than a new interior for your car!

If you do enlist them to groom Waldo, I would love to see some pics of them trying to bathe him in their van!

And, QueenB you are SO right about tossing ham into a cage to get them to go into it. Both of our dogs would kill for ham. I was sitting on our back porch/sunroom yesterday eating a ham sandwich and I noticed that Henry was digging in a flower bed just outside the window. I knocked on the window to get his attention/make him stop and he looked up and saw the sandwich. Ten seconds later, his long self was at the back door howling to get inside and share the ham!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3220695;
    Ya think there is something out there big enough for Waldo, that he'll actually go into?
    The problem is that while they are big enough, I don't have a vehicle big enough to transport the carrier he would need. Hubby has a Ford ranger, small size pickup with topper. The carrier wouldn't fit in that once he has the tool storage device in place again. And it sure wouldn't fit in my car. We need a truck and carrier just for Waldo.

But as he doesn't go much, it usually isn't a problem.

But I think your last 5 lines hit the nail on the head. That he'll actually go into. Hubby said he planted all four feet and wouldn't voluntarily walk into the vet's office yesterday. He hasn't been there in a year and last year, he walzed in like he owned the place. But as hubby said, he left something valuable behind last year and you don't often forget that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3220760;

But I think your last 5 lines hit the nail on the head. That he'll actually go into. Hubby said he planted all four feet and wouldn't voluntarily walk into the vet's office yesterday. He hasn't been there in a year and last year, he walzed in like he owned the place. But as hubby said, he left something valuable behind last year and you don't often forget that.
    This is a major part of getting them there. I mean Joey is only a 16 pounder (actually he is down to about 15 now) and Mona was only 9 pounds but Lord almighty! We had to stand the carrier on end to get them to "fall out" Now we just take the carrier apart and take him out. Mom & Dads Max is a major major talking cat and he sounds like he is being tortured, of course until he gets inside then he gets all sweet. Missy the Bassett (rest her soul)would sometimes just sit down and refuse to move right out side the door.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

My cats are just pain stupid. They all walk right into the carrier, turn around in a circle a few times, and plop right down! They do hate the ride in the car though. They just cry and cry. Fortunately, the vet's office isn't too far away, and as soon as they get out of the car, they quiet right down. Then the tail goes between the legs and they curl into the smallest ball they possibly can until it's over!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Does anyone have knowledge of the existence of a wheeled double pet carrier (for 2 of my gurls at once). I could have sworn that I saw one once, but I can't find anything about it now. Help!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread