+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Good to hear from you myrosiedog.

So the neighbors are still friendly even after the greeting from Waldo? Sounds like good neighbors then. I hope everyone, dogs and humans, get settled in quickly and you at least get your internet back. We sure miss you here!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

Well this neighbor is so laid back that I think the only thing that would have fazed him is if Waldo had bit the hand completely off. Let's just say that this particular neighbor is still enjoying the 1960's.

Waldo is being a very good guard dog though. I have never realky seen this side of him. He's become very protective. He's not aggressive, but he's let everyone know: This is MY family, don't mess with them. Cause Rosie and Bogie are just doggie whores. They will like anyone that pets them or throws the ball for Bogie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Glad to hear that everyone survived the move!

I hope that Rosie's tiff wears off soon. It sounds like Waldo has already made an impression on the neighbors!

Henry is a happy long dog! It's started getting really cool here at night, so we got all of his sweaters out and washed them today. Yes, I spent Sunday afternoon doing the dog's laundry. We've also entered a picture of him in our local newspaper's Halloween pet photo contest. He could win some free dog food which would be nice.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

The vents in the new house are close to the floor, not in the ceiling or in the floor. Rosie is now very happy as we put her bed in front of one of the vents and it was cold enough here this morning to turn the heat on. She is luxuriating in her bed with the heat blowing right on her.

Attagirl! She'll adjust yet.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Well Waldo has been to the vet. Another trip in the truck, another mess to clean up.
    He has gained 15 pounds in the 18 months we've had him. Considering he was a bony boy when we got him, that's a good thing. (He's gained Rosie as she only weighs 15 pounds. )
    He got his shots and flea treatment and he's going to the groomer on Thur. for a clip, because I CANNOT deal anymore with the scratching and dog hair. Only problem is that a trip to the groomer is going to be ANOTHER trip in the truck.
    We n ow have to treat the yard. I think they've all picked up fleas here. We got flea stuff for the other 2 as well. We've not had to use flea treatment AT ALL in almost 2 years until we moved. Oh well, at least the house is bigger.

Maybe if you take Waldo for a truck trip every few days and sometimes not to the vet or groomer, he would get used to it. His previous life may have been being abused AND transported somewhere.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Well the problem with the truck is that after this week, it will no longer be usable for transporting Waldo. Hubby has a tool thingy that goes into the bed with shelves and storage for his tools. His tools have been at his current job site and they will be in need of their own transport to another job site by the end of this week. So it has to be converted back to work truck and not Waldo transport. And he is NOT going in my car.
    We can hose out the truck and not the car.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I still say get those big blue tarps.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3220517;
    I still say get those big blue tarps.
    Or a huge diaper for him to wear. He's quit throwing up. It now comes from the opposite end.

+ Reply to Thread