+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Candor - that video was great! I've never seen such tail wagging!! I don't know how the soldier was able to get through that without breaking down completely. I hope he gets to stay with his dogs for a good long time now.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Miss Gracie, Mr. Tootles, and Lil Bella Mia and I shared Thanksgiving leftovers tonight. The kitts got nicely chopped pieces of turkey (but none of the fixin's) It was Bella's first turkey and I was amazed that she doesn't like it! Mr. Tootles finished up her plate and Gracie loved her supper as well. Poor Bella. Doesn't know what she's missing.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'm glad y'all had a nice Thanksgiving Miss Kitty!

On Saturday, we visited some friends and their daughter had baked a small cake for Mr. Doxie. It had orange icing and was completely covered in gummi-worms, sprinkles and gumdrops and other candy. We brought it home and put it on the kitchen counter.

Sunday morning, we awoke to Henry's long self licking the kitchen floor. He had gumdrops stuck on his teeth. Simon was asleep, but both of them had bulging stomachs! I suspect that Simon jumped up and grabbed the cake and they (for once) "shared" it. I do know (and I will spare you the details) that letting dogs eat Gummi-Worms is NOT a good idea. They both spent most of Sunday laying around and groaning and, needless to say, spent a lot of time being dragged outside. They have recovered now and Mr. Doxie will not be leaving food on the kitchen counter again! He's mad at them for eating HIS cake.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Those boys....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Took Rosie to the new house last night (she kept getting out of the front door as we took out more boxes. She never does that, so I told her she alone could go with us. I think she wanted to see where all of our stuff was going).

Well she is Queen of all she surveys. The house is 3 stories and the front porch is actually on the 2nd story and the house sits on a hill. She loved it. She could stand on the front porch and see the WHOLE neighborhood. It made her very tall which she likes a lot.

She also spent most of the time going up and down the inside stairs like she was 2 and not 11. So she has no problem with stairs.

Waldo apparantly is having issues with the move and has upset tummy. He has had accidents from both ends in the past 24 hours and had to have a bath. We all go over later today and when I get internet again, I'll report on getting WAldo there and how the boys like it.

Doxie, I can't believe your boys helped themselves to cake and gummy worms. I almost wish I could see them eating it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3217054;
    I'm glad y'all had a nice Thanksgiving Miss Kitty!

On Saturday, we visited some friends and their daughter had baked a small cake for Mr. Doxie. It had orange icing and was completely covered in gummi-worms, sprinkles and gumdrops and other candy. We brought it home and put it on the kitchen counter.

Sunday morning, we awoke to Henry's long self licking the kitchen floor. He had gumdrops stuck on his teeth. Simon was asleep, but both of them had bulging stomachs! I suspect that Simon jumped up and grabbed the cake and they (for once) "shared" it. I do know (and I will spare you the details) that letting dogs eat Gummi-Worms is NOT a good idea. They both spent most of Sunday laying around and groaning and, needless to say, spent a lot of time being dragged outside. They have recovered now and Mr. Doxie will not be leaving food on the kitchen counter again! He's mad at them for eating HIS cake.
    Yeah...I was gonna warn about the problems with gummis. I've been a victim myself, since I adore them! They are great tasting, but the after effects are a drag! I've heard the same is true of marshmallows.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A friend sent this to me today and thought I should pass it on

snopes.com: Cocoa Mulch and Dogs

Cocoa Mulch, which is sold by Home Depot, Foreman's Garden Supply and other Garden supply stores, contains a lethal ingredient called 'Theobromine'. It is lethal to dogs and cats. It smells like chocolate and it really attracts dogs. They will ingest this stuff and die. Several deaths already occurred in the last 2-3 weeks. Just a word of caution, check what you are using in your gardens and be aware of what your gardeners are using in your gardens.

Theobromine is in all chocolate, especially dark or baker's chocolate which is toxic to dogs. Cocoa bean shells contain potentially toxic quantities of theobromine, a xanthine compound similar in effects to caffeine and theophylline. A dog that ingested a lethal quantity of garden mulch made from cacao bean shells developed severe convulsions and died 17 hours later. Analysis of the stomach contents and the ingested cacao bean shells revealed the presence of lethal amounts of theobromine.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

MRD: I'm glad that The Queen is enjoying her new palace! I hope that Waldo feels better soon and am looking forward to hearing how you transported him!

prhoshay: Between the gummis and the gumdrops and sprinkles (an 8 year old decorated this cake for my husband) we had a very colorful aftermath......

Archie: Thanks for the mulch info. I had no idea that mulch could be that dangerous to dogs. The ONLY good thing about this entire cake eating incident that our dogs had was that the cake and the decorations were not chocolate.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I'm so sad! I have everything set up to show my students the dogs greeting the returning soldier and it's not there anymore!!!! Can anyone find it? I looked on youtube and it's not there either. Help!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3217611;
    I'm so sad! I have everything set up to show my students the dogs greeting the returning soldier and it's not there anymore!!!! Can anyone find it? I looked on youtube and it's not there either. Help!
    The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan (October 10, 2008) - Mental Health Break

link
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread