+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3213998;
    Unexpected bad news here Yesterday when I got home from work Rocky was acting really strangely--his head was bobbing, he was dribbling pee, and crying a lot. I thought it was probably just his Hyperesthesia showing some weird new signs, but was going to take him to the vet anyway. Well, by the time the vet opened, all the weirdness had stopped, so I didn't go. Rocky even started playing with his toys and so forth. But late this afternoon, the same signs started, along with howling, growling, etc. so I put him in the cat playpen to keep the p off the floor and the cats separated. By 10 tonight, he was lying in there with his third eyelid showing, and looking really bad, but not moving much. By 12, my Rock Kitty had passed on. . I don't know exactly what happened, but I went ahead and got the post hole diggers and made a good deep hole in the flower bed--I just got through burying him . Really weird--it hasn't rained here in nearly two minths, but the bottom fell out just as I was finishing up. I do know he could not have been poisoned, because I don't keep anything that would kill a kitty. But, it's really strange and unexpected and I am sad.
    I'm so sorry, queenb.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Sorry to hear that...

queenb: Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry to hear of Rocky's sudden passing. I know you loved him very, very, much. My heart goes out to you . I'm sure that my Snowy is looking for Rocky with Mona and they will play and have fun at Rainbow bridge. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Thanks, y'all. It felt really weird coming home today, without Rocky on the window sill watching me come in. I only had him a couple of years, but will miss him a lot. He was not too much of a snuggler, escept when I got sick, but was a real clown, and loved to be played with. I do love my BooBoo kitty too, but it seems so much more quiet here today.

It's nice to ave the support that I can always count on here.. to all.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

queenb Sorry to hear about Rocky. It's always so hard to lose a beloved pet.

Aw, sorry to hear about your cat, queenb. Speaking of animals, check out the greeting a soldier got when he came home. Made me cry like a baby.

The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan (October 10, 2008) - Mental Health Break

Made me cry also. Wonderful!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

The dogs are officially freaked out. Well Rosie and Bogie are. Waldo, nothing fazes him at all. There are boxes everywhere. Bogie is hiding under the covers and Rosie keeps giving us these reproachful looks before finally retiring to her dogbed in the corner.

As stuff starts moving out today, I'm sure they will get even more upset. My only concern is that Waldo is going to meet a friend of my husband's today for the first time. He's hispanic. Waldo, unfortunately is racist. Considering where Waldo was found, we can only guess that maybe his abusers were of a different race as he does NOT like anyone that is not white. We've really not encountered this much with him so far-because he has to stay home all the time, but probably will when we move as our new neighborhood is very diverse. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to overcome his fear/aggression towards those of a different race?

It's only dawned on me today that the few times he's been around anyone that is African-American or Hispanic, he's gotten very scared or aggressive.

We want Waldo to assimilate to our new neighbors and friends.

As for moving Waldo, Doxie suggested we call him a taxi. I think that's a great idea!

Can you just see Waldo arriving at his new home by taxi? Way to impress the neighbors huh?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

on, come on. Waldo deserves a LIMO!

The only suggestion for making Waldo more accepting is exposure IMO. Spending time with people he may be wary of, who are friendly and give him waffles may help.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3215802;
    on, come on. Waldo deserves a LIMO!

The only suggestion for making Waldo more accepting is exposure IMO. Spending time with people he may be wary of, who are friendly and give him waffles may help.
    I can just see Waldo in a limo! Rock star treatment. Surrounded by models and wearing sunglasses and lots of bling! Waldo! It would be perfect!

I'll be sure and tell my new neighbors he likes waffles.

Well I just told my husband that I don't think Waldo is an Obama supporter and we have GOT to do something about THAT!

He hasn't been exposed much to anyone different since we've had him, but he will get more exposure when we move. I just hope he doesn't do anything to my husband's friend today as we really like this guy. But Waldo's FAVORITE person in the WHOLE world is coming to help today. Waldo LOVES Dave. Waldo thinks Dave is the BOMB! So maybe Waldo will be so happy to see Dave, that he doesn't notice Freddy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread