+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Premium Member
    Thanks everyone for the hugs! We are really doing ok now, it was hardest for my son but he's much better. He adored Sydney but now he feels more relieved that it's over and she doesn't hurt anymore. You know how it is when you know the end is coming sometime soon and you dread it more than anything.
    They have another cat, but she totally ignored my son... then after Sydney was gone she came up to him and was rubbing up against him and giving him kisses. It's funny how they just know, and it made him feel so much better. He'll be gone 5 months in basic training and school but when he gets home in August he thinks he'll be ready to get a new kitty.

from me too, I fully understand. I wish you and your loved ones the best.

Marleybone - I'm so sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    Yeah, bulldogs are my favorite. I have to tell you, when I take Churchill out for a walk people get outta the way and go, "Oh...my...GOD." And they're so scared...meanwhile I know Churchill is thinking, "Come on Mommy, lemme go smell his butt." It's funny.
    People are afraid of him? Awww He is precious!

Premium Member
    Mmmm.. hugs are so healing! Thanks to all of you.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Marleybone, I am so sorry for your loss but at least you didn't keep her alive for your satisfaction and let her go before the pain and real suffering hit. that showed alot of courage and caring for her. bless you. its hard to let them go like that, but so much better for the animal.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Oh Marleybone...I'm so sorry. The most giving thing you can do for an animal who is suffering is let them go. They depend on us humans to make that decision for them. Kitty hugs for you

Marleybone. I'm so sorry to read about your beloved Sydney. I've had dogs I've had to make tough decisions on, and so I know the mish-mosh of emotions you wrestle with. You know you did the right thing, but it is still a tremendously tough thing to experience. I hope you are feeling much better now. Hope this helps.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Marleybone, I am sorry for your loss 15 years is along life for a cat, and sounds like Sydney lived a great life and was loved till the very end. She is purring now somewhere in greener hunting grounds .
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Premium Member
    Thanks joeguy and marybethp, I totally agree with what you said.. when nothing more medically can be done it's the one final loving thing we can do for them, to peacefully end their suffering. My vet recommended that we not see her be euthanized because they think it's better to have your last memory of them being alive. Well, I told him that we have plenty of good memories and that after everything that our pets give us we owed it to Syd to see her through all the way to the end. The last thing she saw was my son's face and heard his voice, and that is something he will always take comfort in. I know it's not for everyone but I personally can not imagine handing over my pet to be euthanized and just walking away.

I'm no stranger to this, it's been just a year and 5 months since we lost our Marley (my avatar) to cancer, that was really hard because she was only 2. Sydney, at least, was 15 and had lived a pretty darned good cat-life. Marley had lost the use of her hind legs because of a tumor on her spinal cord, and there was no treatment that we could do because of the location of it. She was still happy and otherwise healthy but was no longer able to live the life of a dog, so we had to make that very painful decision to let her go. It was not about us or our feelings, it was about allowing her to go while she still had a little dignity left.
    roseskid thank you for your warm wishes. We are doing ok. Marley is probably sniffing Sydney's butt right now at the Rainbow Bridge!

to all of you!
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-06-2005 at 03:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread