+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

If it counts for anything, I'm throwing in a vote for Manny. That's cuuuute!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

MRD

Aw Newf, Waldo sends big sloppy kisses your way.

I am reading Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog. Great book by the way, but in the book the author mentions that there were 2 early explorers (I can't remember the first one, but the other was Merriweather Clark (of Lewis and Clark) and both took Newfoundlands on their explorations. I never knew that. I immediately thought of you when I read that.

I love this book by the way. Finally someone who shares my views on dog training and the relationships between dogs and man. And the history of the development of wolves into dogs. It's a wonderful book combining history of dogs and the story of Merle.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3211864;
    How about "Manny"....short for 'emancipated'?!
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I do really like Manny though and I think that's his new name.

Newf, I was only an hour out of Lincoln today, wish I knew you were there. I would loved to have popped in to say hi, I'm sending you a big hug instead.

HOORAY for Manny! -- Now when does Manny get a bath?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Oh, Manny has already had two baths. Unfortunately, baths don't take care of the smelly problem he has.

Tonight he was laying on the couch with my youngest son, who eventually got up and got a bottle of Fabreze. Thankfully I was on the opposite side of the room and only had to cover my nose twice! He actually sprayed enough air freshener, that it eventually set off my asthma, so that was the end of that. He finished watching Desperate Housewives with his shirt pulled up over his mouth and nose!

I tried to send Manny to bed with him, but he absolutely refused, so my head might be under the covers most of the night. Noone has a good used gas mask for sale do they?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3212202;
    Oh, Manny has already had two baths. Unfortunately, baths don't take care of the smelly problem he has.

Tonight he was laying on the couch with my youngest son, who eventually got up and got a bottle of Fabreze. Thankfully I was on the opposite side of the room and only had to cover my nose twice! He actually sprayed enough air freshener, that it eventually set off my asthma, so that was the end of that. He finished watching Desperate Housewives with his shirt pulled up over his mouth and nose!

I tried to send Manny to bed with him, but he absolutely refused, so my head might be under the covers most of the night. Noone has a good used gas mask for sale do they?!
    If we had a gas mask WE would be using it. Just wait until Manny (love the name!) crawls into bed with you and has a gas leak.... Henry does that a lot and it is even worse when he is all up under the covers and "his" electric blanket.

Wishing you the best with the new dog and, again, bless you for saving him!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Sherri, hopefully with some better feeding and so forth, Manny will quit reeking so badly. Plus, you might need to, yuck, check his glands, or get a groomer to do it for you.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3212202;
    Then it will probably resolve itself with diet.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Yup, diet should do the trick. When we brought Callie home and put her on our cat food, she was making little air bombs routinely for a few days. I never knew a cat that did that before! But once her little tummy got used to the different food, she was just fine.

That's actually what I'm hoping happens, but not quite counting on it. I had a Boston Terrier that regularly cleared the room. Pokey was the smelliest dog I have ever known, he stunk up the house for 13 years. This coming New Years Day will be two years since he's been gone and I still miss him dearly, smell and all.

+ Reply to Thread