+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

My oldest dog is called Stinky.
    Sweetest pup I ever had... but boy was she a smelly gross fright when we aquired her!

Nowadays we just tell people it is a nickname for Tinkerbell

Does he have buggy eyes? Howabouuut... Marty Feldman?
    haha! We almost named our Boston pup Murphey that
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

How about "Lucky"??? As in lucky to have you in his life and lucky to be out of that miserable existence he was in for far too long?

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3211767;
    How about "Lucky"??? As in lucky to have you in his life and lucky to be out of that miserable existence he was in for far too long?
    I think "Lucky" is a great name for him! Sherri, I am so happy that you saved that sweet dog and are giving him a good home. I do know how you feel about the "gas leaks" though. Henry has been known to smell up a room so bad that HE left the room.

So we went to an arts and crafts fair today and we came across a booth selling organic soap and shampoo for dogs. They also had "cologne" for dogs that was lavender scented and supposedly had a calming effect as well as making them smell better. We bought a bar of soap for our dogs. Henry took one whiff of it when we got home and ran and hid! He really hates baths and I'm sure he would have preferred some of the "fair food" which did include the biggest bags of pork rinds (eww) that I have ever seen.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Lucky I say, should be the name, and once you get the precious critter cleaned up and on a healthy diet who knows, maybe the "stinky" will go away.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've had repeated talks with my gurls about how ladies don't drop "air biscuits", however one of them just doesn't seem to get it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Whatever you decide to name your emancipated baby, I think you should do it today. And call him that constantly all day long. The sooner he knows his new name, the less likely anyone can prove he hasn't been your dog forever.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How about "Manny"....short for 'emancipated'?!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I like Lucky too. My daughter's nickname is Lucky. I think it's a great name.

Manny is cute too.

But whatever you call him, I bet he will be eternally grateful and love you unconditionally.

Here's to many loving years together with "what's his name".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Good for you, Sherri

I'm feeling about as blue as I have in a very long time. I spent the weekend in Lincoln, NE, for a dog show. It was pretty fun, BUT my friends from Colorado didn't make the trip, a Newf friend's husband is in the last stages of cancer, and the big downer, Gustav (who was being baby-sat by my ex-wife) won't be home until tomorrow The house feels mighty big and empty right now
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Aww Newfherder - I feel for you.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread