+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3210609;
    All I can say is that if you're "rassling" with your kitty, you're doing it wrong.
    Yeah, you gotta sneak up on him while he's snoozing.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Scoutmom: I hope that Callie recovers really quickly!

Lil Bit: Oh. What a sad, sad story. But you can't feel bad. There wasn't anything you could do and Trinity was just being a doggie dog. The little kitty is in rainbow heaven getting a lot of kid attention, I'm sure.

-------------------
    I felt so bad for Mr. Tootles. The back door had it's screen on for most of the day as the kitties were going in and out all day. Then later, I closed the glass door was it was getting a bit late. I had made some noise with some packing tape right in the back entrance where Mr. Tootles was and it scared him half to death. He went flying into the glass door trying to get outside! I felt soooooo bad. He ran and hid in the bedroom, and I picked him up and made sure he didn't break his face or anything. Poor little guy. He got lots and lots of hugs and kisses.

Gracie and Bella have really been enjoying our recent heat wave. Bella just HAS to go and roll in the dirt. Every single day. Today, she got her leash so wrapped up around a rose bush I just planted that she broke off most of it. I checked and I don't think she got any thorns in her little paws. Lil monkey!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

I'm reading Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog (thanks to Doxie's reccomendation) and I am understanding Waldo a LOT better.

It's been very interesting about dogs and how they are and came to be and about this one dog, Merle.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Poor Mr. Tootles! (But I have to say, the visual picture I'm getting is pretty funny!)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3210609;
    All I can say is that if you're "rassling" with your kitty, you're doing it wrong.
    Watch out, I don't think you live too horribly far from me--wanna help?

Well, in my defense, I never have trouble medicating other kitties. But since BooBoo has to have eye drops now and then, she gets plum pissed off when you try to hold her and stick anything in the direction of her head, even a treat Nevermind that with such a big fat kitty, it's a struggle to hold her in one arm and do anything with the other, so it's just not very comfortable for her.
    Misskitty-tell Mr Tootles we're sorry he has a bump on his head, and even sorrier that he made a fool of himself.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Well, little Callie developed a little bit of diarrhea (SP???), so I called her doctor, and he said to stop the antibiotics. Yay!!! So no more pink stuff. I think she only has one (maybe two) dose of the other stuff left. And pretty soon she'll be out of "kitty jail" and can socialized with her brother and sister. Whew! But her incision looks really good, and I haven't seen her licking/biting it. She gets her sutures out on 10/12, and then we're completely back to normal! (I do think she's starting to like the pain killers though.) Great! Now I have an addicted kitty!! Anybody know some good programs for addicted (but very cute) kittens???

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Like KNA? Kitty Narcotics Anonymous?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, I earned myself a few more grey hairs and I'm really glad the doctor upped my blood pressure meds, but............... the dog is safe!!!!! He is at this moment snoring away on my couch.

It took a few weeks and several late nights, but I finally was able to work up the nerve to help him. Someone let me know that they were back to tying him back up to a tree all night long. It's been dropping down into the 30's here at night and we've had several nights of rain, the thought of him shivering out there all night long made me sick. So I said enough and spent the majority of last night convincing myself, that I could/should do this. Actually, the should part was easy!

So he was taken to a vet this morning. He has some medication for some open sores and drops for the infection in his eyes. Two of my dogs aren't very happy about it, but hopefully in a few days (or weeks), everyone adjusts. And hopefully I stay out of jail!

MRD

Sherri,
    WOW!!! Just WOW!!!!

now we must have details. how did you do it?

you are a WONDERFUL person and I know the dog will be forever grateful.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yeah, I want to know all the details too! Did your friend who lives across the street from them help you out or did you do it all by yourself?

I also have to wonder if they will put up a missing pooch sign looking for their beloved dog!

+ Reply to Thread