+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1256Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Rocky sounds adorable, queenb! Little Callie is doing well after her surgery. But I came home with two meds - an antibiotic and something to make her loopy so she forgets about her stitches. I never came home with medicine before (with my other two kitties), so this is something new. And even though they told me at the doctor's office that she likes the loopy stuff - well, let's just say she doesn't seem to like it so much any more. I feel so bad for her. She's supposed to be kept in a small room for TWO WEEKS! There's no way that will last for two weeks. I think once the loopy medicine runs out, the confinement will run out also. When she gets the loopy medicine, she sleeps a lot and forgets that she's confined. But she seems to be acting normally - she's eating, drinking, peeing and pooping. So all's well! She's just so darned cute with her little shaved belly and little shaved leg.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3209133;
    Lil Bit, I know you feel bad, but these things happen.

Scout Mo, it's always a shock when I look at the kitties at the PetSmart rescue area and so many are seven or eight pounds--average, but they look like mini cats to me because my 'little' Rocky weighs 11, and BooBoo did weigh 17, now down to 14.5 but ordered to lose 1 more!
    Right now I'm watching Rocky lay upside down on my printer, suckling in his sleep, making little slurping noises and kneading the air. He's so weird.
    I had gotten the same speech last week, Joeys' Doctor wants to see what the boy will look like at 13 instead of 16.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Well, most of the American human population is overweight, so why not the kittie population too!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm feeling better now. Still feeling a bit guilty, but... This morning I let Trinity out and she was dancing around and looking at me with that dumb dopey look that she has and there's no way I can blame her. But you know, if she wants to kill something, I saw a mouse this morning. She can kill all of those that she wants.

I'm glad you're feeling better. Have a great day.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3209134;
    Rocky sounds adorable, queenb! Little Callie is doing well after her surgery. But I came home with two meds - an antibiotic and something to make her loopy so she forgets about her stitches. I never came home with medicine before (with my other two kitties), so this is something new. And even though they told me at the doctor's office that she likes the loopy stuff - well, let's just say she doesn't seem to like it so much any more. I feel so bad for her. She's supposed to be kept in a small room for TWO WEEKS! There's no way that will last for two weeks. I think once the loopy medicine runs out, the confinement will run out also. When she gets the loopy medicine, she sleeps a lot and forgets that she's confined. But she seems to be acting normally - she's eating, drinking, peeing and pooping. So all's well! She's just so darned cute with her little shaved belly and little shaved leg.
    Anymore, vets are as big on pain control as M.D.s are. It's about time! I remember when Miss Chloe got her toes banged by a really heavy flashlight (Maglite), and we still had some pain meds left over from another procedure for one of my other gurls. I called the vet, and she said to go ahead and give her the pain med, since she was limping and toe-touching. She was all better within the next 24 hours.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My gurls are all freaked out by the hammering on the roof today. I can't even find the raggedy one to give her her medications for the day; she probably could really use her blood pressure med today, of all days. I feel badly for them. "The stalker" is hanging right next to my side, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Poor kitties! Callie probably wouldn't mind sharing some of hers. I've finally gotten pretty good at getting ALL of the medicine inside her!

ScoutMom, I've had to get daily medicine for BooBoo's constipation, and I requested it in a liquid form-- I mix it with three or four squashed up moist kitty treats and she eats it right away. It's a thought for those who hate medicating pets. Normally I'm ok with pills, but didn't want to have to rassle a cat to give pills for the rest of her life.
    Actually the 'liquid' medicine in this case is very sticky, and little drops that escaped when I was trying to administer it by oral syringe were pocking up an alarming amount of dust, Rocky hair, and anything else it touched. So my new way is better in that way also. I did ask the vet to make sure mixing it with food would be ok.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

All I can say is that if you're "rassling" with your kitty, you're doing it wrong.

+ Reply to Thread