+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3206467;
    Henry reminds me of "Aunt Pitty-Pat" in the movie, Gone With the Wind! She was big on swooning, and somebody was always needing to wave smelling salts under her nose.
    Henry IS like Aunt Pitty-Pat! That is hilarious. He hasn't ever needed smelling salts though. Usually, just opening the fridge will cause him to come out of his dramatic swoon!

Rattus: That little squirrel is adorable. What a great picture!

Gabriel: I meant to post this earlier. We flew to California last week and while we were waiting to be picked up outside the airport we heard this mournful AAwwwrooo...... After hearing this about ten times, we investigated and it was a six month old Bassett Hound in a crate. He REALLY wanted out of that crate and he was letting everyone in the airport know about it. It reminded me of the fun stories that you posted about your parents' Bassett Hound.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

My little kitten, Callie, had surgery yesterday (spayed). She's doing just fine. When I called last night, they said she was awake but still a little wobbly. I can pick her up either this afternoon or this evening (yay!!). But I have to keep her separated from the other two kitties for a week! Boy, is that going to be interesting!

Another interesting thing I found out - when I dropped her off at the vet yesterday morning, they did a quick exam just to make sure she was good for surgery before I left. They looked in her mouth to see if she had any baby teeth left. She had one that was loose that they said they'd pull while she was asleep, but then they said she had several adult teeth, so she's probably a couple of months older than what I thought! If that's the case, she's really going to be a peanut! She's only a little over five pounds now, and she's seven months old! The vet said a couple of appointments ago that she'd be on the small side, but I think she's edging toward midget! But that's OK. She looks SO cute next to Dunkin - he's my big boy. One swipe, and he can send Callie flying across the room - lol.

I love tiny kitties. My parents had a calico who was so petite, here paws were like fuzzy dimes. She could hunt like a big cat though, she dropped more dead mice on my parent's porch than was decent!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3208227;
    My little kitten, Callie, had surgery yesterday (spayed). She's doing just fine. When I called last night, they said she was awake but still a little wobbly. I can pick her up either this afternoon or this evening (yay!!). But I have to keep her separated from the other two kitties for a week! Boy, is that going to be interesting!

Another interesting thing I found out - when I dropped her off at the vet yesterday morning, they did a quick exam just to make sure she was good for surgery before I left. They looked in her mouth to see if she had any baby teeth left. She had one that was loose that they said they'd pull while she was asleep, but then they said she had several adult teeth, so she's probably a couple of months older than what I thought! If that's the case, she's really going to be a peanut! She's only a little over five pounds now, and she's seven months old! The vet said a couple of appointments ago that she'd be on the small side, but I think she's edging toward midget! But that's OK. She looks SO cute next to Dunkin - he's my big boy. One swipe, and he can send Callie flying across the room - lol.
    And believe me if Callie wanted to she will be able to DECK Dunkin. I saw a 9 pound Mona knock down a 16 pound Joey more than once, but I think it was more amusing when she would Hiss & Spit right in his face, I had to run out of the room so they would not know I was laughing.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Now that I'd LOVE to see!

I am just so upset right now. I was outside talking to my sons girlfriend and we heard a kitten meowing. We live in the country and the sound was coming from our barn, but we couldn't see the kitten. I forgot that Trinity, my sons dog was out there with us. Well, Trinity saw the kitten and got it before we could stop her. By the time we got over there, the kitty was dying. I held it and petted it for a few moments and it died in my hands. I feel horrible and I can't stop crying. I didn't know we had any cats left in the barn. I thought Trinity had chased them all off. I can't blame her because she's just a dog and she's always hated cats. The poor little thing got in at least one good scratch though because Trinity has a bloody scratch on her nose.
    God, I feel like crap.

Awww Lil Bit it wasn't your fault, it wasn't anyone's fault. I know it is hard though. I cried buckets of tears when my dog got a hold of one of my 4 week old puppies and he ended up dying. It was horrible!!! I almost got rid of our dog because of it but I just couldn't do it and I realized being that it was such a small pup(Chihuahua) he just probably thought it was a toy.

I know it sounds cold, but the dog was just following his instincts. He's not to blame, and you're not to blame. It's just a part of live. Don't beat yourself up over it. I'm sure the kitten felt comforted by you before it died.

Lil Bit, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I know I would be really shook up, but it's definitely not your fault or your dog's fault.

Lil Bit, I know you feel bad, but these things happen.

Scout Mo, it's always a shock when I look at the kitties at the PetSmart rescue area and so many are seven or eight pounds--average, but they look like mini cats to me because my 'little' Rocky weighs 11, and BooBoo did weigh 17, now down to 14.5 but ordered to lose 1 more!
    Right now I'm watching Rocky lay upside down on my printer, suckling in his sleep, making little slurping noises and kneading the air. He's so weird.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread