+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

That's funny Rattus! A long time ago, when our Shih Tzu was still young, she got through a loose board in our fence and not only did she go into the neighbour's house, she went up to their bedroom and curled up on their bed. I was mortified but luckily they were dog lovers. Talk about cheeky. Doxie, hopefully Henry stays home

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3206228;
    For some reason I haven't been in this thread for a while and am only now reading this, but it makes me laugh. Our neighbour has two dachsunds, Nina and Dino, who just loooove me for some reason (always trying to lick my face, which is quite entertaining because they don't seem to be aware that I am much, much taller than them). Anyhoo, Nina went on a bit of an escape binge recently and kept burrowing under the fence. The final time (before the neighbour got busy with the making of barriers), she waddles in the back door, followed by the two cats who aren't terrified, and just roams through the house. She follows me down the front hall and I open the door for her so we can walk next door, and there is the neighbour, looking for her. I felt irrational guilt, like I was a dognapper or something . Anyway, it now seems that not only does every cat in the neighbourhood want to play at our house, but so does every dog.
    That is hilarious! I'm surprised that Nina didn't seem bothered by your cats. Henry growls (and then hides) when he encounters any of the cats in our neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3206282;
    That's funny Rattus! A long time ago, when our Shih Tzu was still young, she got through a loose board in our fence and not only did she go into the neighbour's house, she went up to their bedroom and curled up on their bed. I was mortified but luckily they were dog lovers. Talk about cheeky. Doxie, hopefully Henry stays home
    Henry would probably do the same thing! He's a sucker for warmth and he cannot pass up any opportunity to be comfortable. He is currently VERY happy because it was cool enough tonight for us to turn on the electric blanket that he thinks is HIS. He is spoiled rotten.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

These stories are great! Keep them coming.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Henry reminds me of "Aunt Pitty-Pat" in the movie, Gone With the Wind! She was big on swooning, and somebody was always needing to wave smelling salts under her nose.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

So anyway, I'm standing in the back door, eating a handful of raisins and pondering the weather when this really quite adorable grey squirrel with the most fantastic tail bounces by. I toss him a few of the raisins, which results in boundless happy gratitude. I keep feeding him until I run out of raisins, and then ask him to wait a minute while I go get something else for him. When I come back with a handful of walnuts, he is standing on the back step, peering around the frame, waiting patiently for me. As I am tossing him walnuts one by one, Finley leaps over the fence. Fin and the squirrel (whom I have decided to name Courier) are not remotely bothered by each other, but Finley does sit down beside Courier and give me his patented silent meow of anguish, because I am feeding a squirrel and I am letting him starve to death.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3206467;
    Henry reminds me of "Aunt Pitty-Pat" in the movie, Gone With the Wind! She was big on swooning, and somebody was always needing to wave smelling salts under her nose.
    I had to laugh when I read this, as I can play the scenes in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3206488;
    ,but Finley does sit down beside Courier and give me his patented silent meow of anguish, because I am feeding a squirrel and I am letting him starve to death.

Bad Mummy...

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3206490;
    Bad Mummy...
    In my defense, that is his interpretation of events. My interpretation is that he gets fed more often than any other cat in the general area, including his two furry roommates.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

That is a great picture, rattus! I'm surprised Finley didn't get aggressive with the squirrel. My dogs think that squirrel are milkbones that run and need to be caught!

MRD

I can see the Aunt Pittypat resemblence.

Rattus, that is too funny. Love that the squirrel waited on you and wasn't scared of Finley.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3206495;
    In my defense, that is his interpretation of events. My interpretation is that he gets fed more often than any other cat in the general area, including his two furry roommates.
    Gives mummy the "roll eyes" look I get from Mr. Joseph all the time.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread