+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

queenb: Sorry to hear that BooBoo had to visit the vet. I hope he's feeling better now!

geekthegirl: Oooo. Saga looks so sweet. She loves tummy rubs, eh?

tvjunkie: I hope you take Nina to the vet and get some medication. How is your puppy doing today?

I got the nicest e-mail reply from a lady whose lost kitty poster I saw. I searched the PetLynx pages and found one that looked similar and e-mailed her with some suggestions. Here's what she said back:

"First of all I would like to express to you my gratitude and immense appreciation for all the your efforts in providing me with all the valuable information, and for taking your time in writing to me. It is quite rare when a person is sincere enough to really put selfless effort in lending a hand to someone in great need, or in a dire situation."

Randoms 035.jpg Randoms 045.jpg
    Meowza. Whiskers managed to come home all by himself and is happy at home with his brother Max!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3202281;
    queenb: Sorry to hear that BooBoo had to visit the vet. I hope he's feeling better now!

geekthegirl: Oooo. Saga looks so sweet. She loves tummy rubs, eh?

tvjunkie: I hope you take Nina to the vet and get some medication. How is your puppy doing today?

I got the nicest e-mail reply from a lady whose lost kitty poster I saw. I searched the PetLynx pages and found one that looked similar and e-mailed her with some suggestions. Here's what she said back:

"First of all I would like to express to you my gratitude and immense appreciation for all the your efforts in providing me with all the valuable information, and for taking your time in writing to me. It is quite rare when a person is sincere enough to really put selfless effort in lending a hand to someone in great need, or in a dire situation."Attachment 25099 Attachment 25100
    Meowza. Whiskers managed to come home all by himself and is happy at home with his brother Max!!

Miss Kitty, from what I know about you, you are a very selfless person devoted to helping people and their animals. You have earned your angel wings already my dear.
    What a wonderful compliment to get from a stranger.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We have returned from our trip to California for Mr. Doxie's brother's wedding. Henry and Simon were released from "jail" this morning and are VERY glad to be home. As you can see from the pics below, Henry immediately "took to his bed".

We stayed with Mr. Doxie's parents' for a few nights during our trip and their neighbors have an elderly JRT who barks constantly just like Simon! It was like we never left home!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

I'm glad Henry is safe at home in his bed, even though the experience was traumatic for him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Good to see Simon & Henry are back home safe & sound. POOR HENRY.

Aww. Shucks, MRD.

Here's a wonderful true story about dolphins and how they play with bubble rings in the water!
    snopes.com: Dolphin Rings Watch the video
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I took my dog to a local off leash dog park and she did really well. I was hesitant because you just never know (about the owners, not the dogs ) It was such a beautiful sunny day and she made some new friends and I met a really nice dog trainer. There was a big, goofy Newf there and he was a doll. I had to laugh when I saw him coming because he had a "poofy do" on the top of his head (kind of like a poodle, or a Beatle). It was his first time at the park too. I think we'll go back, but not on the weekends.

Was that Stella the Mastiff that you took? Glad she had a good time
    There was a big, goofy Newf there and he was a doll.
    I'm going to Newf heaven next weekend--I will be attending a dog show at which 27 Newfs are entered. What bliss! Gustav will stay home this trip (actually, he's going to stay with my ex-wife and her kids), but I'll bring him as many scents as I can.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3197289;
    Well, Henry is now getting microchipped when he is boarded at the vet clinic next week. Mr. Doxie let him out into our fenced back yard very late last night and then fell asleep on the couch before he let Henry back in . He went to look for Henry an hour later and found Henry's harness next to a "Henry-sized" HOLE under our fence. Mr. Doxie was horrified (probably because he knew how mad I was going to be if I woke up and Henry was still gone) and so he was roaming the neighborhood on foot and then driving around looking for Henry. He finally came home and called Henry a few more times. Henry came waddling/crawling back through his hole and went to the back door! Apparently, he had been in our next-door-neighbor's yard the entire time! I'd bet he was asleep in one of their patio chairs. He has NEVER dug under our fence before and we've already filled in the hole, but we aren't taking chances and have decided to have him microchipped as an added precaution. Crazy dog!
    For some reason I haven't been in this thread for a while and am only now reading this, but it makes me laugh. Our neighbour has two dachsunds, Nina and Dino, who just loooove me for some reason (always trying to lick my face, which is quite entertaining because they don't seem to be aware that I am much, much taller than them). Anyhoo, Nina went on a bit of an escape binge recently and kept burrowing under the fence. The final time (before the neighbour got busy with the making of barriers), she waddles in the back door, followed by the two cats who aren't terrified, and just roams through the house. She follows me down the front hall and I open the door for her so we can walk next door, and there is the neighbour, looking for her. I felt irrational guilt, like I was a dognapper or something . Anyway, it now seems that not only does every cat in the neighbourhood want to play at our house, but so does every dog.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

That must be because they all know where the fun is!

+ Reply to Thread