+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1256Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    thats the nice thing about living in the Reno area. we have so much alkalinity in the soil that we have NO FLEAS even pets brought here with fleas are clean after a month.........yet they still get peoples money here by selling flea control crap in stores. you don't need it at all.

Well, I don't have a digital camera or a scanner but I was looking online and I swear this dog...looks just like my dog! It's uncanny. They MUST be brothers!

http://www.puppygal.com/jazzman.html
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I had a scary incident last night with Snowie, our female cat. I decided that I will try non prescription flea meds, instead of the prescription stuff ($15 a month per cat) that I have bought before from vet. Well, I bought Hartz for cats, and a couple hours after application Snowie started getting drowsy and could hardly walk, and she dropped like a rock down from her cat tree on the way to eat. It looked so bad that I was really thinking that I might have a cat funeral to attend soon. Luckily she is ok now, and I won't be buying Hartz ever again. Our bimonthly pest control was today, and when I told the pest control guy about Snowie's symptoms he immediately asked if it was Hartz I had used. Apparently Hartz has killed pet cats before. Rafael seemed to tolerate it well, but I will not be risking it again with him either.

I am thinking about trying BioSpot next time, but I am a little wary now. Has anyone tried it, and did it work well?
    I have a cat that I put drops called Zodiac on her and I ended up at the vet's where luckily they were able to save her but my friend lost 4 of her cats to the Hartz flea drops. Both our vets told us that both those flea products have killed many cats and dogs so to be on the safe side I just stick with Advantage from the vets....sure beat the vet bill I had and I know it is safe. I wouldn't use anything other then what my vet recommends now

Citizen - I LOVE Bulldogs!! So darling!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    Citizen - I LOVE Bulldogs!! So darling!!

Yeah, bulldogs are my favorite. I have to tell you, when I take Churchill out for a walk people get outta the way and go, "Oh...my...GOD." And they're so scared...meanwhile I know Churchill is thinking, "Come on Mommy, lemme go smell his butt." It's funny.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Premium Member
    We had a very sad day this week, we lost our 15 year old cat Sydney to cancer. In a way she wasn't our cat anymore, she hasn't lived with us since last March. She was really my oldest son's cat, so when he moved out last year she went with him. I knew she had some medical issues so I still took responsibility for vet bills and we got to have her for a few weeks when he and my DIL got married and were away honeymooning. We knew this time was coming, she had a sore on her leg that the vet said was probably cancer because she had it for 3 years and it never healed no matter what we did, but it never seemed to bother her.
    Last week they noticed she was acting really uncomfortable and found huge lumps in her belly that hadn't been there before, so we took her in and decided the best thing was euthanasia. My son took it pretty hard but I told him to try and take comfort in the fact that we had the ability to relieve her suffering in such a peaceful and humane way, it was the last loving thing he could do for her. He's doing ok now, getting ready to leave for basic training next month and I think he's a bit relieved that this didn't happen while he was gone.
    Yesterday I was grocery shopping and when I walked by the cat litter I almost cried, I'm not really a cat person and since she hasn't been with us in awhile I didn't think I would be that sad, but mostly it's a big relief that she's not in pain anymore.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    I am so sorry Marleybone.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    We had a very sad day this week, we lost our 15 year old cat Sydney to cancer.

. . . .

Yesterday I was grocery shopping and when I walked by the cat litter I almost cried, I'm not really a cat person and since she hasn't been with us in awhile I didn't think I would be that sad, but mostly it's a big relief that she's not in pain anymore.
    Aw, Marleybone, I'm so, so sorry.

from all of us here at my house, and please keep us posted as to how you guys are doing.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Take care,
    Pom

Sorry to hear that Marleybone.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Marlybone, I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread