+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3200591;
    He went limp and had to be carried into the vet clinic because he refused to walk.
    Poor Henry, but I have to admit it would be hard not to laugh if I saw this. I can't really blame him because I'm sure most of his vet visits are no fun at all.

Well, since I have been monitoring Boo Boo's potty habits it became obvious that something was wrong, so I took her to the vet this morning, and they actually had to put her to sleep and work on her. Poor kitty was absolutely full of ****. Four hundred dollars worth, apparently. I am only mentioning this becuse the vet said it's extremely common in older animals, and they can get so impacted surgery is necessary, so pay attention to changes in their habits.

And oh boy, I get to give her medication for a week.
    Last edited by queenb; 09-18-2008 at 01:40 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Queenb, we call that condition FOS: Full of .....

Hope Rocky will be ok. What a good cat mom you are to have noticed that and taken care of it. Good luck with the cat meds.

Doxie, poor, poor Henry. How'd Simon do. Were they ready for HIM???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh dear! I am so glad you are a good poo monitor!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Poor Henry. Reminds me of my parents dog. He was fine until the door to the vets office would open, then he'd remember the smell and immediately back up and sit or lay down. Nothing you could do would make him enter on his own. Dad got so he'd just pick him up from the car and carry him inside.

Queenb I'm glad you noticed Boo Boo's potty problem. Poor thing must have been in a lot of pain. I hope she's much better now. Did the vet give you any hints on how to prevent this from happening again? Like maybe a change in her diet?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3200610;
    Poor Henry, but I have to admit it would be hard not to laugh if I saw this. I can't really blame him because I'm sure most of his vet visits are no fun at all.

Well, since I have been monitoring Boo Boo's potty habits it became obvious that something was wrong, so I took her to the vet this morning, and they actually had to put her to sleep and work on her. Poor kitty was absolutely full of ****. Four hundred dollars worth, apparently. I am only mentioning this becuse the vet said it's extremely common in older animals, and they can get so impacted surgery is necessary, so pay attention to changes in their habits.

OK, so what made you start monitoring her potty habits? I guess merely cleaning the litter box makes you pay attention. Was she acting sick? These are probably dumb questions since I probably, unconsciously, monitor my gurls when I clean their box.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3200610;

$400 worth of Boo Boo poo? Have you been feeding her diamond treats? I hope Boo Boo feels better now. Good luck giving her the meds. I would drink castor oil if it meant I could escape giving my pets medicine.

If that's the going rate for being full of it, I should be worth a fortune
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3200798;
    OK, so what made you start monitoring her potty habits? I guess merely cleaning the litter box makes you pay attention. Was she acting sick? These are probably dumb questions since I probably, unconsciously, monitor my gurls when I clean their box.
    Well for me, when Joey had his urinary tract blockage in 2001, I just sensed something wasn't right and I started watching him really close, and after a couple of hours of no pee but trying, off we went to the emergency hospital. Of course this happened on a Saturday.

Thanks for caring! Actually, I guess the problem was beginning way back when BooBoo was going outside the box--I can't say she ever seemed to be in a lot of pain, but was just lethargic. But, since I feed a premium food and so the cats only 'go' once a day apiece, it was pretty easy to figure out whem it became a problem. BooBoo does act a lot happier now--I've just got to monitor and if it seems she isn't working properly, will have to get some lactulose or fiber to add into her food. Apparently this is kind of common in middle aged to older kitties.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Hi, everyone!

Just wanted to stop by and share a picture I took of my baby Saga (baby Stella's sister - I've got two) a few minutes ago. I'm home sick with the flu, but she's been wonderful company. We've spent the better part of the day sprawled on the couch watching Gilmore Girls. She purrs louder than any other cat I've ever met, and is prone to the treading/paddling thing - she goes on for MINUTES before she finally settles down in your lap! I'm really in love with my kitty right now. I got her from an animal shelter four years ago, and she's usually quite reserved, so my heart just floods over when she decides to show me or hubby some affection. Of course, now she'll ignore me for a couple of days just so I won't get any ideas...

"There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread