+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Oh, that puggle is adorable. I hope you have many happy adventures together.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3198116;
    Oh, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, oh. What an adorable puppy! My heart hook is small short haired dogs and Malibu hit the nail on the head.

Right now, go enroll her in an offical Puppy Kindergarten course. You will thank me for this for years to come. The normal training, on a leash is useless. Puppy Kindergarten is for tiny puppies and you cannot waste time. They do not allow puppies in that are too old. Your puppy has to graduate at 21 weeks, I think.

The reason this is so superior is that it not only socializes the pup but it teaches you how to train them at this very young age, You will come out with a pup that comes, sits, stays and obeys with comotion going on. It lasts a lifetime. Vinnie is 12 and NEVER has he igored me when I ask him to come or any other commands he leared. It is cemented in his brain because of his young age when he leared. It is the singular most valuable thing you can do for her and yourselves.

I have had many dogs and only took my last two to this training. I am dazzled by the results. Do not put this off!

Awww. Thank you so much for all of your compliants. She's soooo cute. We get so many compliants about her when we take her out because we take her to alot of places.

Where do I enroll her at for Puppy Kindergarten?
    This is my very first puppy so I'm kinda new to the whole thing

As young as she is, she's very smart. She tells us most of the time when she needs to go out. and she's only had a few accidents inside the house, the rest have been outside.

Mali is precious pwettybird! Enjoy your time with her.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3198358;
    Mali is precious pwettybird! Enjoy your time with her.
    Thank you very much Bunny555. I am very much enjoying my time with her. She gets to me at times when she keeps biting on my shorts or pants, but I love her to death. She is teething so I'm hoping she quits biting the fingers and toes soon. She's only 10 weeks and a few days and she is so bossy, but she gets what she wants when she wants it. She even has a wardrobe started and by the time she's 5 months she'll have more clothes then me and my boyfriend both.

I've never dealt with a puppy in heat or a puppy period, so I myself am looking forward to seeing what happens and what to do when the time comes.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird
    Well. I haven't been here in awhile, because my boyfriend and I had our 2 years together and for my present he got me a puppy. We've been taking care of her and being as little as she is, she's such a handful and very smart and strong for being only 10 weeks plus some days.

After searching and searching, going to humane society to humane society more then once, we ended up finding a breeder online and he got me a puggle. Its a mixed breed of a pug/beagle. They get their barks from the beagle and their looks from the pug, but they don't have the pug snout. Her name is Malibu but we call her Mali for short. I'll post a few pictures of her for all to see
    Mali is MaliBUtiful. Adorable puppy. I do agree with the post about "puppy kindergarten". Train that sweet puppy early!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    We took Rosie and Bogie downtown last night. They were adored by hundreds as we walked through the downtown area and stopped to have a beer and nachos at an outside cafe They really lapped up all the attention. There was an event last night where they had the bridge over the river closed and a tent with those tent walls with the fake windows in them set up on the street. People were having to walk around it to get to the park. A woman had stopped us to talk about the dogs and as I was talking to her, I let my attention wander. I felt a tug on the leash and when I looked, Bogie had found a gap in the tent flap and had gone in and was begging food from the guests attending the event!!!!
    That sounds exatly like something Henry would do. I bet Queen Rosie just adored the publicity!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Oh yeah, and we got many people telling us how "regal" she looks. She is a Queen all right. She acts like all the adoration is her due.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird;3198335;
    Awww. Thank you so much for all of your compliants. She's soooo cute. We get so many compliants about her when we take her out because we take her to alot of places.

Where do I enroll her at for Puppy Kindergarten?
    This is my very first puppy so I'm kinda new to the whole thing

As young as she is, she's very smart. She tells us most of the time when she needs to go out. and she's only had a few accidents inside the house, the rest have been outside.
    Start asking around. A breeder, humane society or vet will probably know or steer you in the right direction. It is the best thing I ever did. Learning this young makes the commands a knee jerk reaction for them.

pwettybird: Puppy Kindergarten is great for dogs and it's fun! It's been a long time since I attended with Simon (he is almost 15) but I do remember that he had to have had all of his puppy shots before he could enroll Our vet suggested the "school" and it was a six week (two nights a week) course. We had a lot of fun! Good luck!

Simon and Henry are all freaked out because we have busted out the luggage and started packing for our trip to Mr. Doxie's brother's wedding in CA. Simon KNOWS that he will be going to the vet. Henry is under the covers, probably still thinking that there is a possibility that HE might be going with us. We have taken him on a few vacations, so he never gives up hope until he sees the door of the vet clinic and collapses into a long heap in the parking lot. Poor little guy.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

*takes cues from collapses into a long heap* Poor Henry, POOR POOR HENRY. *tee hee*

pwettybird: What a cute puppy Malibu is!

Today, while on my neighborhood walk I saw a poster of a lost white kitty. Then when I got home, I checked PetLynx and the Pound has a found white kitty. I'm not sure if they match, but it's too late today to do anything. I'm going to go to back to the poster I saw on the tree tomorrow and call the owner, in case it's their kitty. He's all white and named Whiskers. Cross your paws! I wish the owners would have made sure he was microchipped!!

Also, I ended up chatting with a girl who saw my Petlynx Found ad for Smokey (returned home safely) and we got to chatting online. You wouldn't believe what some girl did. Her kitty was literally stolen from her in a parking lot and even though it's now a police issue, she still doesn't know where her kitty is. Her cat had a dress on, a collar, a nametag, ID, and a microchip. The nerve of some people!!

edmontonstolencat - Dipity: An Edmonton Kitty Needs Help                 click to  enlarge  photo  
    Last edited by misskitty; 09-17-2008 at 04:27 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread