+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

FORT Fogey

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3197789;
    Well I'm not in jail! I guess that's one good thing. The other good thing was, he wasn't chained to a tree or out in dreary conditions. Unfortunately, I never even saw him.

I did run into an old friend at a local convienance store, who also happens to be an animal lover. She knew exactly who I was talking about. She lives acrossed the street and four houses down from them. Did I ever mention we are all from really small rural towns? I explained the situation and she wasn't surprised. She said it's pretty common knowledge that it's a drug house and they can't take care of their kids, let alone their animals. Apparently the dog I've been talking about, isn't the only one they have. She has had her own run ins with the mom over kid issues and her experiance was pretty similar to mine.

She is more than willing to try and help me get at least one if not more of the dogs out of there. And having her right acrossed the street would actually help out alot. She did say they are usually home at night because that's when most of their "friends" are coming and going. But if she happens to see the dog and knows they aren't around, she will either call me or try to get him herself. She doesn't think any of the other neighbors would tell these people anything, which would actually help too.

So for now, thats whats going on with doggygate!
    Excellent. This is my first time to this thread, actually, first time out of the TV shows. What state do you live in? I would go with you to get these dogs and not feel guilty for stealing, not one bit!

What breed is this dog? This story is tragic but I see a happy ending now that you have an ally right in the neighborhood.

Sherri Since this place is a drug house, would it possible to call the cops on them? Usually "druggie" types have lots of illegal things they could go to jail for on the property. If they went to jail, they would call animal control to get the dogs. And you could get the dog without doing anything illegal. I'm sorry if I sound naive and you may have thought of this already. I think it's wonderful that you are going through so much effort for these dogs you have never even met.

Bunny555 It's so kind of you to give fluffy a new home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3198023;
    Sherri Since this place is a drug house, would it possible to call the cops on them? Usually "druggie" types have lots of illegal things they could go to jail for on the property. If they went to jail, they would call animal control to get the dogs. And you could get the dog without doing anything illegal. I'm sorry if I sound naive and you may have thought of this already. I think it's wonderful that you are going through so much effort for these dogs you have never even met.

Bunny555 It's so kind of you to give fluffy a new home.
    Not a bad idea! Unfortunately cops like to stay out of stuff like that, oddly. It is worth a try though. They will probably tell her they have to have good reason to go there and a tip is not enough. sigh.

I would be behind anything. DSS is another avenue.

Sherri, I am hoping you say you live in Florida.

I am totally in favor of kidnapping those dogs. Absolutely. They are not going to try and find them. They are a bother for them and I doubt they love them at all. The womans behavior smacked of methamphetamine use.

Sherri, you have my support, but be careful!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple;3198058;
    Sherri, you have my support, but be careful!!
    Oh don't listen to her! Go in with a gun.

Well. I haven't been here in awhile, because my boyfriend and I had our 2 years together and for my present he got me a puppy. We've been taking care of her and being as little as she is, she's such a handful and very smart and strong for being only 10 weeks plus some days.

After searching and searching, going to humane society to humane society more then once, we ended up finding a breeder online and he got me a puggle. Its a mixed breed of a pug/beagle. They get their barks from the beagle and their looks from the pug, but they don't have the pug snout. Her name is Malibu but we call her Mali for short. I'll post a few pictures of her for all to see

ImageShack - Hosting :: cocoep2.jpg
    ImageShack - Hosting :: coco2tw9.jpg

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird;3198099;
    Well. I haven't been here in awhile, because my boyfriend and I had our 2 years together and for my present he got me a puppy. We've been taking care of her and being as little as she is, she's such a handful and very smart and strong for being only 10 weeks plus some days.

After searching and searching, going to humane society to humane society more then once, we ended up finding a breeder online and he got me a puggle. Its a mixed breed of a pug/beagle. They get their barks from the beagle and their looks from the pug, but they don't have the pug snout. Her name is Malibu but we call her Mali for short. I'll post a few pictures of her for all to see

ImageShack - Hosting :: cocoep2.jpg
    ImageShack - Hosting :: coco2tw9.jpg
    Oh, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, oh. What an adorable puppy! My heart hook is small short haired dogs and Malibu hit the nail on the head.

Right now, go enroll her in an offical Puppy Kindergarten course. You will thank me for this for years to come. The normal training, on a leash is useless. Puppy Kindergarten is for tiny puppies and you cannot waste time. They do not allow puppies in that are too old. Your puppy has to graduate at 21 weeks, I think.

The reason this is so superior is that it not only socializes the pup but it teaches you how to train them at this very young age, You will come out with a pup that comes, sits, stays and obeys with comotion going on. It lasts a lifetime. Vinnie is 12 and NEVER has he igored me when I ask him to come or any other commands he leared. It is cemented in his brain because of his young age when he leared. It is the singular most valuable thing you can do for her and yourselves.

I have had many dogs and only took my last two to this training. I am dazzled by the results. Do not put this off!

Aww, look at that cute little face on that puppy! She is absolutely adorable!

lookie that lil cutie pie

MRD

What an adorable face and a great gift to receive.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread