+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

After the description of the way he was found, I seriously doubt that he is warm and dry and cuddled up. And then there is the compassionate, sensitive owners.....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3197561;
    After the description of the way he was found, I seriously doubt that he is warm and dry and cuddled up. And then there is the compassionate, sensitive owners.....
    Unfortunately I'm sure you are right and I'm not going to like what I see. I just can't help but feel guilty for even thinking about stealing him. That just goes against everything I believe in. And no matter how I try to spin it and believe me, in my mind I have, it's still stealing!

This has really weighed heavily on my mind in the past couple of days. But so has the condition of this dog! So while the thought of "helping him to run away", bothers me, the condition he was in literally sickens me.

Just wish me luck, no matter what happens.

Wind, rain and 60 degrees does not make for happy puppies
    That one kind of depends on the dog . . . I had 8 inches of rain yesterday (not Ike-related) and it was next to impossible for me to get Gustav in from the porch. When I did coax him in, he wanted back out 5 minutes later. Finally, around bed-time, he decided that it was time to come in for the evening. That boy ain't right
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Newf that is so cute! the visual is making me smile
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3197577;
    Unfortunately I'm sure you are right and I'm not going to like what I see. I just can't help but feel guilty for even thinking about stealing him. That just goes against everything I believe in. And no matter how I try to spin it and believe me, in my mind I have, it's still stealing!

This has really weighed heavily on my mind in the past couple of days. But so has the condition of this dog! So while the thought of "helping him to run away", bothers me, the condition he was in literally sickens me.

Just wish me luck, no matter what happens.
    You definitely have our support, and we'd be there right along with you if we could.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well I'm not in jail! I guess that's one good thing. The other good thing was, he wasn't chained to a tree or out in dreary conditions. Unfortunately, I never even saw him.

I did run into an old friend at a local convienance store, who also happens to be an animal lover. She knew exactly who I was talking about. She lives acrossed the street and four houses down from them. Did I ever mention we are all from really small rural towns? I explained the situation and she wasn't surprised. She said it's pretty common knowledge that it's a drug house and they can't take care of their kids, let alone their animals. Apparently the dog I've been talking about, isn't the only one they have. She has had her own run ins with the mom over kid issues and her experiance was pretty similar to mine.

She is more than willing to try and help me get at least one if not more of the dogs out of there. And having her right acrossed the street would actually help out alot. She did say they are usually home at night because that's when most of their "friends" are coming and going. But if she happens to see the dog and knows they aren't around, she will either call me or try to get him herself. She doesn't think any of the other neighbors would tell these people anything, which would actually help too.

So for now, thats whats going on with doggygate!

Sherri: That is wonderful news! I'm glad that you have an accomplice and that the two of you are looking out for that little guy.

Bunny: It's so kind of you to take in Fluffy. I know that will put his owner's mind to rest and be less upsetting for her as she moves into the home.

I had to laugh at this. I got a flyer in the mail today for a new flea treatment (Comfortis) for dogs. I was reading over it and the "most common adverse reactions" include lethargy, increased appetite, excessive salivation and gas! Henry has enough of that going on. I think we'll "pass" on this new treatment
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3197395;
    Bunny! I'm thinking about putting a stamp on my stalker's arse and shipping her to you!
    She's welcome anytime Shay as long as you deliver her yourself. I'd love to see my guys' reaction to your squirt gun

Sherri do what you need to do but as I said earlier, be careful! I can just see you and all your FORT accomplices sitting in dognapping jail.
    CYA

MRD

We took Rosie and Bogie downtown last night. They were adored by hundreds as we walked through the downtown area and stopped to have a beer and nachos at an outside cafe They really lapped up all the attention. There was an event last night where they had the bridge over the river closed and a tent with those tent walls with the fake windows in them set up on the street. People were having to walk around it to get to the park. A woman had stopped us to talk about the dogs and as I was talking to her, I let my attention wander. I felt a tug on the leash and when I looked, Bogie had found a gap in the tent flap and had gone in and was begging food from the guests attending the event!!!!
    I reeled him back on the leash and we got out of there fast.

They had such a good time, but Rosie collapsed in a heap when we got home and didn't move the rest of the night.

Poor carsick Waldo had to stay home.

Sherri, if they are dealing drugs and don't take care of the kids, why arent' the authorities involved? Please be careful because people that deal drugs are very often dangerous (and usually armed)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3197949;

Sherri, if they are dealing drugs and don't take care of the kids, why arent' the authorities involved? Please be careful because people that deal drugs are very often dangerous (and usually armed)
    Isn't it just sad? The kids range from early to late teens and from what I was told, appear to be following in mom and dad's footsteps.

If the opportunity arises to help this dog, I will, but I'm not going to take a big risk either. I just hope he is able to run on his own and someone who knows the situation is able to either help him or call me. They just aren't the kind of people I want knocking on my door in the middle of the night.

+ Reply to Thread