+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

  1. #10821
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Having been around coon dogs all my life, I apparantly didn't even think about the danger to Freddy. I'm glad he's ok, if a little bit muddy. I'm just used to knowing that some dogs are trained to hunt raccoons. (and I thought it was a big thing in Florida, but it's GINORMOUS here)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  2. #10822
    FORT Fogey snickertink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: For animal lovers

    Sherri, let me know if you need an alibi - you were at my house right? wink wink Prhoshay can drive, i'll be the look out.....I hate people like that, i want to be a good person, but when i see or hear stuff like this, the violent woman from hell in me emerges and i have evil, vile thoughts. no bad deeds YET - I came close once when i screetched at a neighbor beating his puppy on the head with an empty milk jug holding on to his collar...they moved shortly after my husband made an appearance and ran his mouth although not as bad as some of the filthy crap i was spewing at the monster when i caught him hitting that poor puppy. Bastard! I told EVERY STINKING PERSON in a 4 block radius what a pile of crapola this neighbor was. (my small town is PACKED with dog lovers...)

    On my grandpa's farm he lost a large german shepard to coons - same deal. two coons swiming in a pond, doggie jumped in and my mom said that one scratched him bloody from the front while the other got on top of doggy's head and he drowned. Now this happened 40+ years ago so who knows how accurate that is but ever since i have been super careful with my babies at night around any water.

  3. #10823
    In My Nest doxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sweet dreams are made of cheese....
    Posts
    1,264

    Re: For animal lovers

    I'm so glad that Freddy survived his raccoon encounter!

    Well, Henry is now getting microchipped when he is boarded at the vet clinic next week. Mr. Doxie let him out into our fenced back yard very late last night and then fell asleep on the couch before he let Henry back in . He went to look for Henry an hour later and found Henry's harness next to a "Henry-sized" HOLE under our fence. Mr. Doxie was horrified (probably because he knew how mad I was going to be if I woke up and Henry was still gone) and so he was roaming the neighborhood on foot and then driving around looking for Henry. He finally came home and called Henry a few more times. Henry came waddling/crawling back through his hole and went to the back door! Apparently, he had been in our next-door-neighbor's yard the entire time! I'd bet he was asleep in one of their patio chairs. He has NEVER dug under our fence before and we've already filled in the hole, but we aren't taking chances and have decided to have him microchipped as an added precaution. Crazy dog!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

  4. #10824
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3197289;
    I'm so glad that Freddy survived his raccoon encounter!

    Well, Henry is now getting microchipped when he is boarded at the vet clinic next week. Mr. Doxie let him out into our fenced back yard very late last night and then fell asleep on the couch before he let Henry back in . He went to look for Henry an hour later and found Henry's harness next to a "Henry-sized" HOLE under our fence. Mr. Doxie was horrified (probably because he knew how mad I was going to be if I woke up and Henry was still gone) and so he was roaming the neighborhood on foot and then driving around looking for Henry. He finally came home and called Henry a few more times. Henry came waddling/crawling back through his hole and went to the back door! Apparently, he had been in our next-door-neighbor's yard the entire time! I'd bet he was asleep in one of their patio chairs. He has NEVER dug under our fence before and we've already filled in the hole, but we aren't taking chances and have decided to have him microchipped as an added precaution. Crazy dog!
    I'm glad Henry is safely back home where he belongs.
    Well, against my better judgement, we are adding a new kitty to our menagerie family next week. Our elderly neighbor is going into an assisted living facility and can't take her 15 yr. old "fluffy" with her. My son stops by her house every day to bring in her newspaper, mail etc... and to help her out around the house whenever he can. He told me tonight that her grandson (her only living relative) is putting her in a home, that she can't take Fluffy with her and that we are now adopting her. Mind you, we already have 3 dogs, 1 cat and a Macaw, but I think Clara will love having another feline in the house so she's not so outnumbered. Fluffy is beautiful and I'll post a pic as soon as she gets here.
    CYA

  5. #10825
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Doxie, I'm so glad Henry made it back home. I bet Mr. Doxie was terrified.

    Bunny, that is so wonderful of you. So many times kitties like that end up in shelters when the owner has to go to a home and with a 15 year old kitty, the chances of adoption are not good. What a great thing you are doing and I'm sure that you taking the kitty is going to make your neighbor feel so much better about having to move, knowing her cat is in a loving home.

    Snickertink, I hate when I see stuff like that. You provide the alibi, shay will drive and I will assist Sherri in the dognapping. I can create a major diversion (I'm good at that. ) while she grabs the dog.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  6. #10826
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,091

    Re: For animal lovers

    Bunny! Aren't you and baby Bunny special?! If the home she's moving to isn't far away, maybe you guys can even take her baby for a little visit. With your big heart....I'm thinking about putting a stamp on my stalker's arse and shipping her to you!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  7. #10827
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3197395;
    Bunny! Aren't you and baby Bunny special?! If the home she's moving to isn't far away, maybe you guys can even take her baby for a little visit. With your big heart....I'm thinking about putting a stamp on my stalker's arse and shipping her to you!
    This visual has me
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  8. #10828
    Resident curmudgeon Newfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Enchanted by a beautiful Soprano
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by snickertink;3197171;
    Sherri, let me know if you need an alibi - you were at my house right? wink wink Prhoshay can drive, i'll be the look out.....
    You're going to need some intimidating muscle, and I just happen to be available. For some reason, my Neanderthal/biker look tends to make people think twice . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

  9. #10829
    FORT Fogey brunette trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3197455;
    You're going to need some intimidating muscle, and I just happen to be available. For some reason, my Neanderthal/biker look tends to make people think twice . . .

    This visual just cracks me up.

  10. #10830
    kissin cousins Sherri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    309

    Re: For animal lovers

    Geez, I really wish you guys were actually here. I can't believe I'm actually thinking about doing this. I would have made a horrible criminal! Just running different scenarios through my head makes me nervous!

    Don't know if I can do this or not, but I'm taking off here shortly, to at least try to get a feel for the living conditions he's in. I'm hoping to at least get a glimse of him to know that he's ok. It's been raining here all morning so I'm not really expecting to see him and if I do, I'm going to have a fit. My dogs have been out to take care of their business but they are out 2 minutes tops. Wind, rain and 60 degrees does not make for happy puppies. My fear is seeing him outside with no shelter. Unfortunately, my temper sometimes overrides my common sense , so hopefully he is warm and dry and cuddled up in the house. If not, I might need an alibi shortly!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.