+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts regarding the neglected dog. Unfortunately things didn't turn out as we hoped.

At about 11 last night, my co-worker called. Somehow the dogs owners had found out where he was and wanted him back. They were at her house threatening to call the sheriff if the dog wasn't given back to them. She mentioned knowing someone who might be willing to buy him and that caught their attention.

She put the lady on the phone with me and I"ve got to tell you, I don't know if I have ever been so damn mad in my entire life. Everytime she refered to the dog she said "that f*****g thing" or "that damn thing". I offered her $400 and she proceded to call me a b***h and said I must think she's f*****g stupid. She paid $1500 dollars for "that damn thing" and she wanted that amount or nothing.

I really wanted to get this dog out of a bad situation so I really tried to remain calm. I told her that I didn't doubt that she had paid that much for him as a puppy but he was now an adult and he had some health issues. She very loudly told me he had no health issues and except for being "f*****g dumb" there was nothing wrong with him. I asked her about the sores, the caluses and the eye problems to which she responded, "That damn thing is scared of getting a f*****g bath, so that's his own fault. I told you, he's f*****g stupid, so he can just live with it."

At that point, I pretty much lost it. I said she had made her dislike of the dog pretty clear and wouldn't she please just take the $400 dollars and let him go to someone who wanted to give him a home. The f & b words really started flying and I finally added a few of my own. I told her I was calling the sheriff's office and the nearest animal control and turning her in for neglect. Her husband threatened to come and find me if I tried f*****g with them.

I really wanted to help this dog but there is no way that I can give them that kind of money. I don't know these people, we live in seperate towns, but I sure would love to meet her in a dark alley!

Today at work, the gal who had found the dog, said when they left, they had literally thrown him into the back seat of the car. I am just sick! I did talk to one of our local deputies and they won't do anything. I also called the nearest animal control. She said if I insisted, they would go and check on him, but I really think she said it, just to appease me. She kept reminding me that they were almost 60 miles away and it didn't really sound as though the dogs life was in danger. So I'm pretty sure that check up isn't going to happen.

Needless to say, I spent the remainder of last night and most of my day at work, plotting a way to make this dog, accidently , run away from home again. Any suggestions on that one?!

OK, now that I've finished my rant, will you guys write me if I go to jail for dognapping? And I'm only half kidding on the dognapping part.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3196051;
    Thanks to everyone for their thoughts regarding the neglected dog. Unfortunately things didn't turn out as we hoped.

At about 11 last night, my co-worker called. Somehow the dogs owners had found out where he was and wanted him back. They were at her house threatening to call the sheriff if the dog wasn't given back to them. She mentioned knowing someone who might be willing to buy him and that caught their attention.

She put the lady on the phone with me and I"ve got to tell you, I don't know if I have ever been so damn mad in my entire life. Everytime she refered to the dog she said "that f*****g thing" or "that damn thing". I offered her $400 and she proceded to call me a b***h and said I must think she's f*****g stupid. She paid $1500 dollars for "that damn thing" and she wanted that amount or nothing.

I really wanted to get this dog out of a bad situation so I really tried to remain calm. I told her that I didn't doubt that she had paid that much for him as a puppy but he was now an adult and he had some health issues. She very loudly told me he had no health issues and except for being "f*****g dumb" there was nothing wrong with him. I asked her about the sores, the caluses and the eye problems to which she responded, "That damn thing is scared of getting a f*****g bath, so that's his own fault. I told you, he's f*****g stupid, so he can just live with it."

At that point, I pretty much lost it. I said she had made her dislike of the dog pretty clear and wouldn't she please just take the $400 dollars and let him go to someone who wanted to give him a home. The f & b words really started flying and I finally added a few of my own. I told her I was calling the sheriff's office and the nearest animal control and turning her in for neglect. Her husband threatened to come and find me if I tried f*****g with them.

I really wanted to help this dog but there is no way that I can give them that kind of money. I don't know these people, we live in seperate towns, but I sure would love to meet her in a dark alley!

Today at work, the gal who had found the dog, said when they left, they had literally thrown him into the back seat of the car. I am just sick! I did talk to one of our local deputies and they won't do anything. I also called the nearest animal control. She said if I insisted, they would go and check on him, but I really think she said it, just to appease me. She kept reminding me that they were almost 60 miles away and it didn't really sound as though the dogs life was in danger. So I'm pretty sure that check up isn't going to happen.

Needless to say, I spent the remainder of last night and most of my day at work, plotting a way to make this dog, accidently , run away from home again. Any suggestions on that one?!

OK, now that I've finished my rant, will you guys write me if I go to jail for dognapping? And I'm only half kidding on the dognapping part.
    Well if you're going to jail, you'll have company. I'm sure that many of us on here, would help dog nap the poor thing with you. why do people like that have animals? It's so sad. And why are there still communities without animal control or anything like that?

Please let us know what happens. I'm going to pray the poor thing gets loose and finds his way back to you. He needs a loving home.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I can't believe that the sheriffs department wouldn't do anything. Abusing an animal is a crime isn't it? I live in a rural area and the nearest town to me is only about 5000 people and yet we have animal control and people have been charged with animal neglect. Maybe if you got the vet involved and had him/her talk to the deputies.

This just makes me sooo mad, I can imagine how helpless you feel.

You know the really funny thing is, I'm thinking about going to jail, for a dog that I've never actually met! And I think his owner is a crazy B***h! I just can't stand the thought of any animal being neglected, so if I can figure out a way to help him, I'm sure going to try!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3196063;
    You know the really funny thing is, I'm thinking about going to jail, for a dog that I've never actually met! And I think his owner is a crazy B***h! I just can't stand the thought of any animal being neglected, so if I can figure out a way to help him, I'm sure going to try!
    How about getting the newspaper involved??? Sometimes they can do stuff to bring a problem to light and then the authorities step in.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri;3196051;

I also called the nearest animal control. She said if I insisted, they would go and check on him, but I really think she said it, just to appease me. She kept reminding me that they were almost 60 miles away and it didn't really sound as though the dogs life was in danger. So I'm pretty sure that check up isn't going to happen.
    Sherri can you call again and say that the dog's life is in danger? Maybe a couple of other people can make that same call at which point I would think they'd be obliged to investigate.
    CYA

I would say call the newspaper.

That poor dog. Bless you for offering to buy the dog from them, obviously they are horrible, irrational people if they couldn't do the right thing and let someone else take care of the animal.

This story is actually bringing tears to my eyes.. please keep us updated. If this were in my town, I would be going to jail right along with you
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd drive the get-away car.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread