+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

doxie if you ever need a vacation and wouldn't mind a drive to New England to drop them off, I'd take Henry and Simon anytime.
    CYA

Here's a feel good story about a lost cat being returned home...after 9 years.
    Lost cat returned home after nine years - Yahoo! News
    Wed Sep 10, 10:48 AM ET
    LONDON (Reuters) - A couple have been reunited with their missing cat after nine years, the RSPCA said on Wednesday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Dixie, a 15-year-old ginger cat, disappeared in 1999 and her owners thought she had been killed by a car.

She was found less than half a mile from her home in Birmingham after a concerned resident rang the animal charity to report a thin and dishevelled cat who had been in the area for a couple of months.

RSPCA Animal Collection Officer Alan Pittaway checked her microchip and confirmed it was Dixie. She was returned to her owners, Alan and Gilly Delaney, within half an hour.

"In 29 years of working for the RSPCA I have never seen anyone so excited and happy as Mrs Delaney," Pittaway said. "It made my day to return Dixie to her owners."

The couple were "overjoyed" to be reunited with their missing cat after so many years.

"Dixie's personality, behaviour and little mannerisms have not changed at all," said Gilly Delaney. "We don't think she has stopped purring since she came back through the door."

The RSPCA hope the story will encourage owners to have their pets microchipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3195449;
    doxie if you ever need a vacation and wouldn't mind a drive to New England to drop them off, I'd take Henry and Simon anytime.
    That is very kind of you! Henry wants to know if you have an electric blanket!

Ummm - he will also need cheese, cookies and he WILL sleep under the covers with you. He's a high maintenance dog.

My parents won't let Simon in their house (and he is their granddog!). They love dogs and they enjoy visiting Simon at our house, but he wore out his welcome at their house with an unfortunate peeing/chewing event about 10 years ago. He's NOT a good houseguest.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

I am laughing my butt off at the tuna story. Henry, STAY. AWAY. FROM. THE. TUNA.!!!!

And the Dear God story. I can just imagine.

We have 2 JRT's and they are not as high energy as most I've seen. In fact, Bogies really calm. MUCH calmer than his sister from the same litter. They do get excited, but they are not typical JRT"s and I think that is because Rosie took her puppy cues from our Annie who was so calm and Bogie later followed Rosie's cues.

I'm sure if I called the Vet about Waldo, I'd get the "Dear God" exclamation as well, but not over him, but over me going back to that vet. Remember I'm the one that threw up in their rose buses because Waldo had had an accident in the car and had to call my husband to help clean it up.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3195474;
    I am laughing my butt off at the tuna story. Henry, STAY. AWAY. FROM. THE. TUNA.!!!!

And the Dear God story. I can just imagine.

We have 2 JRT's and they are not as high energy as most I've seen. In fact, Bogies really calm. MUCH calmer than his sister from the same litter. They do get excited, but they are not typical JRT"s and I think that is because Rosie took her puppy cues from our Annie who was so calm and Bogie later followed Rosie's cues.

I'm sure if I called the Vet about Waldo, I'd get the "Dear God" exclamation as well, but not over him, but over me going back to that vet. Remember I'm the one that threw up in their rose buses because Waldo had had an accident in the car and had to call my husband to help clean it up.
    Trust me, we WILL be keeping Henry away from all tuna in the future. The aftermath was BAD! I spent $40 on Febreeze this afternoon.

You are lucky that Bogie and Rosie are calm. LOL - they are adorable,.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3195481;
    Trust me, we WILL be keeping Henry away from all tuna in the future. The aftermath was BAD! I spent $40 on Febreeze this afternoon.

You are lucky that Bogie and Rosie are calm. LOL - they are adorable,.
    We're very lucky. They can certainly act like JRT's at times, but they don't usually. Everyone always comments on how calm they are.

I told the mail woman that we're moving and she is really upset. The dogs hear her mail cart turn in and run to the window and watch her make all the stops (our house is the last stop on the street) and they get so excited. She loves for me to let them out so they can visit. One time Rosie got in her truck and we couldn't get her out.
    So when I told her we were moving, she was really upset. (She prefers Rosie and Bogie who she thinks are "sweet")
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3195465;
    Here's a feel good story about a lost cat being returned home...after 9 years.
    Lost cat returned home after nine years - Yahoo! News

Oh my gosh! what an amazing story! And big ups for microchipping! Such a beautiful kitty too I just love that color.

I have been strongly considering microchipping Murphey. It's hard enough keeping up with his medical bills though. For a 6 month old pup they are already up around $2000!

I've been keeping an eye on the paper from the area we got him, and have seen that 2 of his siblings have already been lost/stolen. So yes, as soon as I can afford it. He will be chipped.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I don't remember the exact cost of chipping my boys, but I do know that it was CHEAP--my ex thinks that it was $35 (ten years ago.)
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

It's not too expensive now, $60 plus tax at my vet. It's just hard to come up with it all at once this month. We are a bit behind right now due to a recent family death (the travel expenses for the funeral ate up our "cushion") But I just took on some extra work from home and soon we will be back on track!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The foundation that I got Miss Chloe from told me that microchipping only cost about $10, but other groups tacked on extra money, raising the prices we are charged. Interesting. Geez......I say if you need a donation, ask for one...don't use strongarm tactics.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread