+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3194308;
    I clearly heard another employee say "Oh. Dear God" when the girl on the phone said Simon's name. LOL.
    doxie - This part of your post really had me laughing. I have this video running in my head now.

Let me just say that dogs should NOT eat tuna. I slept on the couch because Henry was under the covers in bed and he had a severe case of tuna-breath. And, I won't discuss how bad the other end of him smelled.
    Have you tried brushing his teeth and tongue with doggy toothpaste?

I had no idea tuna reacted with the back end like that - eww.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3194320;
    doxie - This part of your post really had me laughing. I have this video running in my head now.

Have you tried brushing his teeth and tongue with doggy toothpaste?

I had no idea tuna reacted with the back end like that - eww.
    We brush his teeth once a week. We haven't ever thought about brushing the other end of him!

Both ends still stink ever since he ate that tuna...
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Started grooming Miss Chloe this morning, and the line began forming at the door! I hadn't planned on doing everyone, but I did. The Stalker, Miss Celie, was even waiting to give it a try. She has never really been into being groomed. Maybe it's "monkey see, monkey do"? Now, everybody is super relaxed and knocked out.

Whomever it was that suggested that you put the removed fur outside for the birds...I found that the birds don't seem to like cat fur! Any other kitty staff find that to be true? I didn't even put it out there this time, but over the spring/summer, that stuff stayed out there forever.

doxie, never change your signature line. I use it everytime I come in here to donate the kibble. Makes it just so convenient! Thanks.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3193741;
    queenb, Rocky is one gorgeous cat. I didn't realize that seal point Siamese got darker as they age. My SIL has a young Siamese, I'll have to let her know.

This is just a reminder/warning to dog owners - I work in an emergency room and a patient came in who'd been bit by a dog. This was a young guy, early 20's, but you'd be surprised how many people come in with dog and cat bites. There was a kid whose cat went after him and he looked like he'd been hit by a car. Anyway, this guy got bit because he had taken his dog to an off-leash park (same one I frequent with my dog) and his dog - shepard/collie cross - was attacked by an Irish Wolfhound, and this guy panicked and tried to separate the dogs. The Wolfhound did not appreciate his efforts and tore open his leg.

My dog is a sissy and will run from a fight. So we don't have to break up a lot of dog fights with him, but I know that if it happened, my first instinct would be to try to help him. Bad idea. Also, if he was an aggressive dog, I'd slap a muzzle on him before I took him to run off-leash. I do hate to hear stories like this because our off-leash park is wonderful - it's huge, in the river valley, and there's even a large man-made pond for dogs to swim in if they're so inclined. I don't want to be afraid to go there with my dog.

I have to admit that I am afraid to take my dog to the dog park. We used to take him all the time when we lived in San Diego, but one time my husband took him and a black standard poodle ran right at poor Freddy and took a huge chunk out of his side. Fred didn't fight back, just ran toward my husband and my husband's first thought was to get out of there. He didn't realize Fred was hurt until he got him home. The poor guy had to have surgery, and drainage tubes, and the whole process was so awful because he'd keep trying to scratch it or bite at it, so he had to wear a cone to keep from biting it, a t-shirt to keep from getting it dirty and a sock on his scratching foot to keep from ripping it open.

I know Fred would love it, because he just loves other dogs, but I'm scared that he'll get attacked again.

I clearly heard another employee say "Oh. Dear God"
    That part made me snortgiggle loud enough to startle Murphey who was asleep on the other side of the room. Too cute.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

We are going out of town next week, so I called the vet yesterday to make reservations to board Henry and Simon. The girl who answered the phone was apparently new. She asked me their names twice and then repeated them back to me. I clearly heard another employee say "Oh. Dear God" when the girl on the phone said Simon's name. LOL. Simon is almost 15. He is a JRT and he's their oldest and (I'm sure) grouchiest patient.

I bet that's the same comment someone would make about me if I were a regular.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so I'm probably the only 'mom' who would be ticked off at that comment. I'd probably even consider moving to another vet. Something about that just bothers me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't know that I'd be offended exactly, but I would wonder why that comment was made. Is it because he misbehaves while he's there? Or is it possible that the comment you heard was actually about a different situation? I'd want more information first - especially if I really liked the vet up until that point.

I made Callie's appointment to get spayed for September 29th. My poor baby goes under the knife!!! I haven't told her yet - no sense getting her upset this early.

I can see someone saying that and in a fun sort of way. Simons coming. Oh Dear God (as in - that grouch.)

ScoutMom - No need to tell Callie anything until you're almost there and then tell her it is a "vacation"

Yeah, plus he is Jack Russell (god love them but they are high energy dogs). I think most people that work in a vet' office truly love animals or at least that is my experience. If it was said laughingly I would probably laugh too.

+ Reply to Thread