+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Post as many pictures as you like - I love to see them!

Post away! What a handsome fella.

Rocky has such beautiful coloring, queenb. I love that chocolate brown shade, I don't see it that much in cats.

Actually, Siamese or Siamese colored cats like him are born white or almost white and get darker on the points as they age--the Seal Points turn this color when they get over 5 or 6 years old. Rocky is about 8 or 9. He appreciates the compliments too; I've passed them on
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Maybe he wants to hear Black Sabbath instead.

He's gorgeous.

Gabriel, Waldo is already in charge of the door and wants to go out and see the kids at the bus stop.

I have told and told hubby about the bus, but I've finally stopped wasting my breath. I just sit inside and laugh as he goes through the same drill EVERY morning.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

queenb, Rocky is one gorgeous cat. I didn't realize that seal point Siamese got darker as they age. My SIL has a young Siamese, I'll have to let her know.

This is just a reminder/warning to dog owners - I work in an emergency room and a patient came in who'd been bit by a dog. This was a young guy, early 20's, but you'd be surprised how many people come in with dog and cat bites. There was a kid whose cat went after him and he looked like he'd been hit by a car. Anyway, this guy got bit because he had taken his dog to an off-leash park (same one I frequent with my dog) and his dog - shepard/collie cross - was attacked by an Irish Wolfhound, and this guy panicked and tried to separate the dogs. The Wolfhound did not appreciate his efforts and tore open his leg.

My dog is a sissy and will run from a fight. So we don't have to break up a lot of dog fights with him, but I know that if it happened, my first instinct would be to try to help him. Bad idea. Also, if he was an aggressive dog, I'd slap a muzzle on him before I took him to run off-leash. I do hate to hear stories like this because our off-leash park is wonderful - it's huge, in the river valley, and there's even a large man-made pond for dogs to swim in if they're so inclined. I don't want to be afraid to go there with my dog.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

That's nuts AJ. When we were in South America, people rarely had their dogs on leashes. I never took my dogs out. My friend had her Golden on a leash at the beach and it was attacked by a Pit Bull. The Pit Bull owner dragged them both into the ocean and stuck his dog's head under the water to make it let go. My friend broke her finger trying to pull on a collar to separate them. It is never a good idea.

On another note, I let my 13 year old walk my English Mastiff because she is friendly although a little shy. Lots of people approach her and she loves the attention. However, last week when I had her out, some guy came out of his house and as a joke (I guess) kind of ran at her and then took a very aggressive stance while yelling like a he-man. It was weird. Well, my dog's tail went right up and she went on full alert, and started barking at him. She dragged me for a couple of steps before she sat down as I was telling her. He thought it was funny and I wasn't amused at all. Why are some people such idiots around dogs?

I know that you're right, but if another dog goes after my boy, it will be a two-on-one fight, with no quarter asked or given.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3193795;
    That's nuts AJ. When we were in South America, people rarely had their dogs on leashes. I never took my dogs out. My friend had her Golden on a leash at the beach and it was attacked by a Pit Bull. The Pit Bull owner dragged them both into the ocean and stuck his dog's head under the water to make it let go. My friend broke her finger trying to pull on a collar to separate them. It is never a good idea.

On another note, I let my 13 year old walk my English Mastiff because she is friendly although a little shy. Lots of people approach her and she loves the attention. However, last week when I had her out, some guy came out of his house and as a joke (I guess) kind of ran at her and then took a very aggressive stance while yelling like a he-man. It was weird. Well, my dog's tail went right up and she went on full alert, and started barking at him. She dragged me for a couple of steps before she sat down as I was telling her. He thought it was funny and I wasn't amused at all. Why are some people such idiots around dogs?

People are fools.

We are going out of town next week, so I called the vet yesterday to make reservations to board Henry and Simon. The girl who answered the phone was apparently new. She asked me their names twice and then repeated them back to me. I clearly heard another employee say "Oh. Dear God" when the girl on the phone said Simon's name. LOL. Simon is almost 15. He is a JRT and he's their oldest and (I'm sure) grouchiest patient. I thought this was hilarious and I'm sure that the vet-techs are all fighting over who gets vacation days while Simon is there!

And, the snatcher has struck again! Mr. Doxie and I had tuna sandwiches for dinner last night. I ate mine. Mr. Doxie left his unattended on his desk for about 30 seconds and Henry managed to get his long self ON the desk. He gobbled down half of it before he was busted. Let me just say that dogs should NOT eat tuna. I slept on the couch because Henry was under the covers in bed and he had a severe case of tuna-breath. And, I won't discuss how bad the other end of him smelled.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread