+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Gabriel...if Joey doesn't like the condo, can I move in?
    CYA

Sure

MRD

Rosie grunts and groans all the time. She does it like she's talking to us. At night when she's ready for bed and my husband isn't moving fast enough for her, she grunts at him until he is in bed and holding the covers up for her to go under them.

She also kind of does this grunt/purr thing when you pet her.

She is a very vocal dog.

Gabriel, how dare you put Joey in his condo when he is not ready! Take it slow, he probably has visions of you making the progesstion to Cat Condo, move to Florida for cat retirement home and then a forcably move to the dreaded cat nursing home complete with little walkers, soft food and bingo!!!

Um, Gabriel, you promised me I could move in the condo!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3189878;
    Rosie grunts and groans all the time. She does it like she's talking to us. At night when she's ready for bed and my husband isn't moving fast enough for her, she grunts at him until he is in bed and holding the covers up for her to go under them.

She also kind of does this grunt/purr thing when you pet her.

She is a very vocal dog.

Gabriel, how dare you put Joey in his condo when he is not ready! Take it slow, he probably has visions of you making the progesstion to Cat Condo, move to Florida for cat retirement home and then a forcably move to the dreaded cat nursing home complete with little walkers, soft food and bingo!!!

Um, Gabriel, you promised me I could move in the condo!!
    WHOOPS! Sorry Bunny555 - you can't move in -condo has been "leased" already.(sure glad I didn't sign those papers otherwise I'd probably end up on Judge Judy)

What a cool condo. Makes me want to get a kitty. (my husband would kill me)

Our dog Sam, who died last Nov, used to groan alot when he was sleeping too, but I think his was caused by arthritis, poor thing. He was a Boston Terrier so he SNORED really loud. Loud enough that you sometimes couldn't hear the tv over the racket. Roxie is a Pug and I thought her snoring would be worse than it is. But she's only 6 months old, so maybe she'll grow into it.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3189829;
    I've always heard that dogs do the circle walking thing because their "ancestors" used to do that as a way of flattening down tall grass to make a bed. Not sure if this is true, but it does make sense!

Our Henry is quite a growler/grunter/groaner. He sleeps under the covers in our bed and it's quite a noisy production for him to get his long self under there, find a spot and get comfy. He gets more vocal if someone attempts to move him or (heaven forbid!) disturb him!

Gabriel - Joey is movin' on up! I know he will enjoy his "deeluxe apartment in the sky" after he has time to get used to it!
    Wow - lots of groaning dogs! LOL! I think it's cute too.

Yeah, Fred does the circle thing on hardwood floors, etc - so it doesn't seem to serve an actual purpose of 'making his bed' or flattening anything. It probably is just an automatic thing they do that might not serve a purpose anymore.

He's a collie and I'd pay good money to see him with a flock of sheep. I want to see if that herding instinct is still there. I've read that collies have lost that instict at this point and are more of a guard dog than a herder, but he just loves to chase other dogs, me, anything. I think it's still there!

When Chauncy climbed in bed with me I knew he wasn't comfy until he let out that groan. Circle once, then groan.

Missy (the bassett) used to groan while she was settling down and when she was sleeping would groan, grunt, ruff, snarl according to my Mom. You never wanted to touch her whileshe was sleeping either..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3190068;
    Wow - lots of groaning dogs! LOL! I think it's cute too.

Yeah, Fred does the circle thing on hardwood floors, etc - so it doesn't seem to serve an actual purpose of 'making his bed' or flattening anything. It probably is just an automatic thing they do that might not serve a purpose anymore.

He's a collie and I'd pay good money to see him with a flock of sheep. I want to see if that herding instinct is still there. I've read that collies have lost that instict at this point and are more of a guard dog than a herder, but he just loves to chase other dogs, me, anything. I think it's still there!
    At our local Scottish games, they had collies herding sheep. It was really cool. It was actually a competition and the dogs did really well.

Rosie has to dig, dig, dig before she can lay down. drives me crazy. You also don't want to touch her while she's sleeping either or risk losing your hand. She also makes this weird high pitched barking noise when she dreams. It's funny except when it's at n ight and wakes me up.

Waldo also snores like Fred Flintstone! Not even my husband snores that loud.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

One of my very favorite sounds is that of Gustav snoring. When he's that relaxed, I know that all is well in our little corner of the world.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread