+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I told my first piano teacher that I couldn't practice because my Newfs ate my piano
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Freddy thieves from the kitchen/garbage if he gets the chance, too. If we accidentally leave some food (cake/bread/whatever) on the countertop he will wait until we are asleep and then steal it. He does it very quietly and carefully, sometimes I'll find a container, not even knocked over, but the food has been taken out of it.

He's a funny guy. He makes these weird, groaning noises. Does anyone else's dog do this? When he's lying down, ready to go to sleep, or if he's in his bed, trying to sleep but we are talking or making too much noise, he will make this noise that sounds like a loud, irritated groaning noise. The first time he did it I thought there was an intruder in the house! Because it sounded like a person, not a dog. LOL.

Oh I have had many dogs that do that! It is too cute! Murphey sighs loudly and tosses and turns annoyedly when he's trying to get cozy. So cute
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3189121;
    Oh I have had many dogs that do that! It is too cute! Murphey sighs loudly and tosses and turns annoyedly when he's trying to get cozy. So cute
    That's funny! I've never had a dog prior to Fred that made these groaning noises. It sounds like a grumpy old man, LOL.

He also does the walking in circles before lying down, which I've seen a lot of other dogs too - but holy crap! He does it for a couple of minutes sometimes. What exactly are they doing when they are going around and around in circles before lying down?

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3189128;
    That's funny! I've never had a dog prior to Fred that made these groaning noises. It sounds like a grumpy old man, LOL.

He also does the walking in circles before lying down, which I've seen a lot of other dogs too - but holy crap! He does it for a couple of minutes sometimes. What exactly are they doing when they are going around and around in circles before lying down?
    Flattening the ground

Well Mr. Joseph Gerards' condo with a BALCONY came today, I put it together and picked him up, put him on the balcony, he HISSED at me and went on his TREE to sleep.

Guess I've been told.. All in good time when HE IS GOOD AND READY.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm sure he thought you understood this by now!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3189332;
    Well Mr. Joseph Gerards' condo with a BALCONY came today, I put it together and picked him up, put him on the balcony, he HISSED at me and went on his TREE to sleep.

Guess I've been told.. All in good time when HE IS GOOD AND READY.

That is one cool cat condo. WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3189547;
    I'm sure he thought you understood this by now!
    Yeah- BAD DADDY

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3189128;

I've always heard that dogs do the circle walking thing because their "ancestors" used to do that as a way of flattening down tall grass to make a bed. Not sure if this is true, but it does make sense!

Our Henry is quite a growler/grunter/groaner. He sleeps under the covers in our bed and it's quite a noisy production for him to get his long self under there, find a spot and get comfy. He gets more vocal if someone attempts to move him or (heaven forbid!) disturb him!

Gabriel - Joey is movin' on up! I know he will enjoy his "deeluxe apartment in the sky" after he has time to get used to it!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread