+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Freddy is so cute. He looks so comfy he makes me want to take a nap. That professional dog trainer must have nerves of steel. I would never make a dog do anything that I was sure would make them bite me. I'm a chicken that way.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3187708;
    Oh now, Waldo is just WALDO, he marches to a different drummer.
    Xylophone. Waldo marches to a different XYLOPHONE.

Gustav sends a big to Freddy
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3187645;
    HELLO!!!! I would love to sit on Paula's Kitchen floor waiting for her to drop something!

Henry and Simon would have to get in line behind ME!
    Henry and Simon would probably be JUST as happy sitting on YOUR kitchen floor. I doubt that Queen Rosie would like that though!

Freddy is adorable! I'm glad he got over the fear of the steps and is enjoying his new home. He sure looks comfy!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3187708;
    Oh now, Waldo is just WALDO, he marches to a different drummer.
    I'm not sure he even knows there IS a drummer!!! His thing is whistling remember? So he marches to the beat of a different whistler, just so long as it's the Andy Griffith theme.

ETA: I just read Newf's response and it is so true!!! Xylophone!!! Newf, that is a good one.

Oh, I hope I don't have to get a dog trainer to get Waldo to do stairs. We'll have a lot of stairs in our new house. Surely the big dodo will be able to handle stairs???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

just train him by holding a waffle at the top, then the bottom. He'll be running up and down in no time.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3188309;
    just train him by holding a waffle at the top, then the bottom. He'll be running up and down in no time.
    THanks for the reminder , I had forgotten about the waffles. He'll be trained in no time. Must make sure I remember to buy toaster waffles. Or Waldo waffles in this case.

MRD

Waldo's now drinking coffee. Just what I need is Waldo with MORE energy.

He's been a very bad boy this week getting into the garbage and chewing up stuff (mostly paper and wrappers). But this morning I found yesterdays coffee filter in the dining room and a trail of coffee grounds leading from the trashcan in the laundry room though the kitchen into the dining room. As he's the only one tall enough to reach the trash can, I know it's him. Funny, b ut the coffee filter wasn't shredded like the other stuff was. Guess he didn't like the coffee after all.

I don't know what's up with him this week getting into the garbage. And he know's he's done something wrong because as soon as I discover anything and say something he takes off.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Seems like coffee grounds would be dangerous for a dog, considering it's CNS effects, but I really don't know. Bless his bad-A heart! I used to have a kitty that would balance and shimmy her way into a very tall garbage (2.5-3 feet) can to get fried chicken bones out. I only knew because she would yak up the indigestible parts of the bones on the carpet. We always had to remember to keep the lid down on the can. It was one of those tall potato bin like things.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-04-2008 at 12:38 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

WEll I dont' think he actually ate the coffee grounds as I cleaned up most of them in the trail he left from the can to the dining room.

But he has been a naughty boy lately.

My husband brought home his review sheet from work yesterday and it was sitting on our dining room table. The window was open and the wind must have blown it on the floor. Well, of course Roxie had to chew it up. I found it in her bed with her toys and called my hubby to tell him to get another one. I said he can finally honestly say that "the dog ate his homework"!

+ Reply to Thread