+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    The only "mean" thing I can see here is the way Victoria (the "owner" - I hate that word!) is treating those poor dogs. I don't mind turning her in at all. Since I'm not familiar with this type of treatment, I wanted to come in this thread where caring mommies and daddies who have more love for these babies and knowledge about what would be the best course of action.

She's not the best friend to Jess anyway, and uses Jess all the time (case in point). Jess has such a big heart - and a real problem saying "no" to anyone. Apparently, Jess did talk to Victoria about it before-hand, and Victoria just blows it off like it's no big deal. Jessica agreed to do it - I guess she was the last person on Victoria's list, and Victoria said something to the effect that, well, it's only a couple of days (insinuating if Jess wouldn't do it, she would just leave them in their kennels).... I about hopped a plane right then and there, I was so angry. Jimmy (Jess' husband) was furious about the whole issue also. But Jess just couldn't leave them in there for a couple of days. Can you imagine! She mustered up her will and did her best - but the doggies are right back to the same life as before.

The only social contact they have is sitting side-by-side in separate cages (that's what they are!) all day long.

I'm upset about it for two reasons - first, no pet should be treated like that. Ever. Second, the hell Victoria put Jessica through with this burden. I hope some good can come of it - these doggies need a good home.

Thanks for the "ear" and the great advice everyone! Sorry about rambling on and on - but I do appreciate this so much and I'm going to do everything I can to help those little guys.

(Re: Bogart - spoiled doesn't even describe what that little feller was. I'm not sure he ever used his legs! I carried him everywhere! Yeesh, I even took him out for lunch. I know... I know...)

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    It's cruei and inhumane. Period. I'd report it in a nano-second. If Jess doesn't, and you don't -- who will? Victoria isn't going to do jack about the situation, and the *situation* needs to be remedied. Immediately.

Hell -- give me the name and address and I'll call it in. These poor animals don't have a voice, but *we* do.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Thanks, Jewels. As soon as Jess gets home from work today and I can weasel the info out of her, I will. It WILL be reported. I'll post on here from Miami if I have to hop a quick plane. Thanks, all.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Does anyone know if cats can be diabetic? My soon-to-be-12 year old kitty is drinking tons of water, and seems lazier than usual...she's not grooming herself well either, she has really bad mats that the groomer will have to attend to and has been throwing up a lot of hairballs lately (ugh).
    AJane, I don't want to freak you out our anything, but the symptoms could be that of kidney trouble. Has she lost any weight recently? If so, get her to the vet pronto! We just went through kidney trouble last spring with one of our cats.

FORT Fogey
    Many thanks to Tigrazhia for posting my pictures of Kitty

J.D., your story broke my heart.

Does anyone know if cats can be diabetic? My soon-to-be-12 year old kitty is drinking tons of water, and seems lazier than usual...she's not grooming herself well either, she has really bad mats that the groomer will have to attend to and has been throwing up a lot of hairballs lately (ugh).
    Yes cats can be diabetic. I've got a friend with a dog that's diabetic & the dog is doing fine but has to be on medication
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

In case you didn't know, some pets given prednisone for skin or gum conditions end up getting diabetes.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Cute pet pictures (yes, even the Tarantulas ), it is so nice to wander to this thread to have a view at them every now and then

I had my kittens spayed/neutered last week, it was time too, Rafael started to show signs of heat. For a day after the surgery Snowie, the female, was in murderous mood towards the male. I swear she was blaming him for her condition (and rightfullly so ).
    I also made one good discovery: pine nugget cat litter. It seems like it is basically pine saw dust pressed to pellets. (This will sound like an endorsement from now on ) Had to change to it cold turkey since I didn't know they must have paper or wood (same thing really) litter after surgery. I love it, absolutely no smell so far, works better than cat litter with crystals for my cats, plus can flush poop down toilet because the litter dissolves after getting wet. And it does not track at all. The bag says it will last for 4 weeks, but I think for my two it will not last that long, perhaps half that time. However, if this "no smell" part continues, I am sold, especially because I can just go and pour the litter under my Azaleas etc. to decompose.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    The other night I heard a lot of rustling around in my bedroom, and when my kitten Carl came out he was sporting a fashionable plastic bag like a cape. I'd been shopping and hadn't put away all of my stuff, and of course he immediately found the bag (with the items I purchased still in it) and started playing in it. I had to take photos, although I think they make me look like a very irresponsible pet parent. Don't worry though- I removed the bag immediately and put it with all of my other plastic bags... hidden in the closet where the cats can't find them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Insane Squirrel free2b_a_skwerl's Avatar
    Aww....a Target kitty instead of a target dog!
    It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt by a tumbleweed!

+ Reply to Thread