+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I just heard about this and wanted to spread the word. Apparently, Hartz anti-flea products have been causing horrible reactions in many animals. There have been many deaths, especially cats. Here's the website: HartzVictims.org - One More Victim is One Too Many

Reading people's stories about losing their pets made me go hug my kitties
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3185498;
    Henry and Simon make excellent sous-chefs.
    I see a new Food Network show: Cooking with Henry and Simon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just one more good argument for keeping my gurls indoors.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Miss Princess has never been out of the house except to go to the vet. She will put one paw out the door and meow and run back in. It's rather comical!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555
    Is Henry wearing an apron?
    I think his bandana and his harness had a "wardrobe malfunction." However, if he did have an apron, I'm sure he'd wear it while grilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunette_Trixie
    Henry and Simon make excellent sous-chefs.
    Mr. Doxie thinks they made better "tasters" than "assistants."

Quote Originally Posted by MyRosieDog
    I see a new Food Network show: Cooking with Henry and Simon.
    They could give Paula a run for her money!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3186205;
    I think his bandana and his harness had a "wardrobe malfunction." However, if he did have an apron, I'm sure he'd wear it while grilling.

Mr. Doxie thinks they made better "tasters" than "assistants."

They could give Paula a run for her money!
    They're certainly cuter than Paula's dogs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3185910;
    I just heard about this and wanted to spread the word. Apparently, Hartz anti-flea products have been causing horrible reactions in many animals. There have been many deaths, especially cats. Here's the website: HartzVictims.org - One More Victim is One Too Many

Reading people's stories about losing their pets made me go hug my kitties

Their is a product called Zodiac which killed alot of animals as well. My friend had to put down to of her cats because of it and that vet said to not ever use the Hartz or Zodiac flea products. It was heartbreaking to watch my friend's cats foaming at the mouth and suffering even from her place to the vets. I always buy flea stuff from the vets only for my dogs.

I have a situation I could use some animal lover advice on!

We have an almost 6 month old Boston Terrier pup named Murphey that we just love to bits.
    Now, 8 years ago we asked our roomate to watch our sheepdog pup while we went Christmas shopping and he let her go in the road and she was run over! (thankfully she lived and is still with us) We never asked anyone to dog sit for us again exept my parents. They are the only ones I would trust with my children or my dog!

Ok so, this weekend we had to go away for my husband's Grandmother's funeral, and we left the boys with my parents. However, they requested not to watch the puppy because THEY have a puppy who just had sugery and they didn't want the 2 to play and pull her stitches out. So Husband's Godfather's wife asked if she could watch Murphey for the weekend because she has always wanted a Boston and she just loves ours. So we thought nothing bad about agreeing to let her! She's family! She has 2 cats already.

Anyway, Sunday she called us to tell us that Murphey had been playing with the cat and tripped and hurt his leg. But other than the limp, he was still his regular happy self. So we told her that it would be fine, he's a puppy, he's hurt his leg playing in the yard before. So we didn't go home to get him. We finished out the weekend and came home. By now, the story of what happened had started to alter and shift and we've now heard 3 versions of what happened. But all of them involving him just slipping on the floor or something similar.

When I got him home yesterday he CLEARLY NOT his normal Murphey self with a limp!
    He was laying around, shaking with a big swollen floppy leg. I got no puppy kisses. When I picked him up his leg made crackling noises and I could FEEL that is was most obviously broken. I took him to the Vet and the vet told me immediately it was broken and that he just did not believe for a minute that it was a slip. I overheard him telling the nurse in the other room too that this type of break doesn't come from a slip, or even a fall from a height.

Anyway, $600 later, and the leg is in a cast. BUT it's not fully alligned properly and the vet is suggesting we consider taking him to another office in Canada for plates in his leg. On top of the cost of that, we would also have to get passports to bring him there. So we talked it over with a few people who have a lot of experience with this sort of thing, and we are comfortable with the idea of not plating him. I feel like it will heal well without it.. but I really feel like I am in an awkward position with the woman who was watching him.

I don't want to sound petty or like some kind of jerk, because I know accidents happen. But I can't help but have my doubts about her story, and the Vet Nurse asked me if I was going to make her help pay the bill and so on. I couldn't ask her to, it would be jerky right? But part of me desparately wishes she would offer...

I'm not even sure what I am asking you guys here. There's the story, any thoughts?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wow! This is huge. When stories start changing, it becomes obvious that you are not getting the real story. All you can do is ask that she share expenses, and I would expect her to say "No,", but you could be surprised and she says, "Yes." The judge shows have had these kinds of cases on before and, with proper documentation, the pet owner has always prevailed. I guess the question I would have for you is, "Just how far are you willing to go?". Only you and hubby can make that decision. Poor pup. Bone ends grating against each other are extremely painful. Luck to you both and to your baby.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OMG ClosetNerd that is more than just a little bump. Poor thing. I agree with Shay, she should help pay for getting his leg fixed at the very least. If the story hadn't changed a few times then maybe it was just an oversight on her part but it changed and the baby clearly had more than just a sprained leg if you could see it the second you walked in. People floor me sometimes.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread