+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone and their pets to be safe and well during this terrible storm. I hope that Gustav doesn't devestate the state.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'm glad the family 'fur' members are being considered this time also.

My dog has torn his dew (sp) claw once again. and we have to wait until Tuesday to get it fixed or haul him off to the emergency clinic. No blood, but he is really overly sensitive right now. Just not sure what to do....

Oh my old dog did that once and man he whined for days! I'm sorry he's hurting. I wrapped his claw/leg in gauze and put his funnel on his head while we waited to take him to the vet. I don't know what bothered him more, the claw or the lovely head piece!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Happy Labor Day, everyone!

Mr. Doxie and I decided to grill steaks for the holiday, and we were heavily supervised by head chefs Simon and Henry!

Here are a few photos of Simon and Henry checking on Mr. Doxie's progress! Mr. Doxie felt so sorry for them he let them lick the tongs.

(I also busted Mr. Doxie giving them a few bites of steak.)

Also, I saw the stories on CNN about the animal friends of those evacuees in New Orleans, and it made me happy to see that the residents of New Orleans would be safe, as well as their furry friends! They actually had bar coded bracelets for the humans and matching bar coded tags for the animals so that they'll be able to be reunited after the storm and no one has to leave their pets behind. We have a lot of evacuees here and we are supposed to get some rain from Gustav tomorrow. New Orleans and the entire Gulf Coast is in our thoughts and prayers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

At least they really learned from the last disaster. So good to hear the animals will eventually be reunited with their owners. That was so amazingly sad to see the animals abandoned during Katrina.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3185213;

Mr. Doxie and I decided to grill steaks for the holiday, and we were heavily supervised by head chefs Simon and Henry!

Here are a few photos of Simon and Henry checking on Mr. Doxie's progress! Mr. Doxie felt so sorry for them he let them lick the tongs.
    Is Henry wearing an apron?

I'm so happy that the pets in Gustav's path have a shelter of their own. I know a lot of residents didn't leave N.O. because they couldn't take them when the last storm hit. Let's hope everyone rides it out unscathed!
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3185302;
    At least they really learned from the last disaster. So good to hear the animals will eventually be reunited with their owners. That was so amazingly sad to see the animals abandoned during Katrina.
    Well the sad thing is that they should have learned after Hugo in 1988 and Andrew in 1992 and Charley, Ivan, Frances and Jeanne in 2004.

And Bush's brother Jeb was gov. of FL in 2004 and he was ready with Nat'l guard, red cross, police and electric company repairmen staged just outside the strike zone for Charley, so those people were in place before nightfall the DAY Charley hit. So it could be done, it just wasn't for Katrina.

But that is a rant for another time. But just a few years ago, shelters and public transport wouldn't take animals and many people stayed behind because of their animals. So they've finally learned that pets are important to people and now they provide shelters and evacuation to pets as well as the owners.

I think the wrist band idea is a good one. There is so much chaos in the stages before, during and after storms that having a system in place for identifying pets and owners is a good one.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Look at Henry and Simon, enjoying the cookout.

MRD

Doxie those photos are great.

I'm so glad Henry and Simon enjoyed the cookout.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Henry and Simon make excellent sous-chefs.

+ Reply to Thread