+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Joey just looks at those bags, Mona used to stick her head in them, but neither one licked them.

misskitty, that is so wonderful you found your lost cat's owners.

mrd I'm so sorry your daughter's mouse died. Poor little sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3182945;
    If it doesn't bother you, why don't you let her have that bed "from" Sam, she reads as being comfy in it...
    It's her bed now for sure. She seems to love it so she'll have it until she wears it out. We went for a long walk this afternoon and she's sound asleep in her bed right now, curled around all her toys. So cute!

MRD: I'm so sorry to hear about Moo Cows passing. She sounds like she was a cutie! Hugs to your daughter.

Lil Bit: I'm so glad that Sam's bed has been happily adopted

prhoshay: My kitties don't like plastic bags! There's monsters in dem things!

I hardly got anything accomplished at home today. Just had to luv my kitties a whole bunch because they missed out on some last week. Now it feels back to normal and everyone is happier for it!

Bella is finally wearing a collar under her harness and has new license tags that arrived in the mail put on it! She's terrible at sneaking out past the screen door. I need to get her microchipped though. She's got the ear tattoo and license now, but gosh I'd just die if she wasn't returned. Mr Tootles and Gracie both have microchips, collars and tags. Just thinking about one of them getting out and lost makes me feel sick.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

She's got the ear tattoo and license now . . .
    I wanted the Vet to tattoo Gustav, but when she said that she wouldn't do a big dragon on his chest, I went with the microchip.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

OY Vey....

MRD

A friend was telling me about seeing a Vet/Tattoo Parlor in NC.

You could bring your dog or cat in for it's shots and get your own tattoo while waiting.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mr. Doxie was cleaning out the fridge today and he tossed what he thought was an empty pizza box on the kitchen floor. The next thing I saw was a long dog tearing into that box and then racing past me with something (I assumed it was old pizza) in his mouth. Nooooo.... It was a jalapeno pepper and Henry only made it about ten feet before he apparently "tasted the heat" and spat it out all over the floor. EWW. I doubt he will try that again!

With hurricane Gustav on the way (we are prepared for the weather to get slobbery!) several thousand New Orleans residents AND their pets have evacuated here. All of our local animal shelters and most of the vet clinics/pet hotels have opened their doors to the displaced dogs and cats. I am so happy about that.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Sending good thoughts and wishes to those evacuating with their pets and saying that FINALLY those "in charge" get it that people want to evacuate WITH their pets and not leave them at home.
    Hoping Gustav fizzles out and if not that the damage isn't bad.

Doxie sending Henry good thoughts so he doesn't have to deal with too much rain.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That is so wonderful that people are able to bring their pets with them.

I've been praying all week that Gustav would lose power, but I guess it's going to be a real whopper. I hope everyone (and their pets!) can find a safe place to stay for the duration.

+ Reply to Thread