+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Ajane those photos are great. The fox is so cute!

My daughter loves Owls. I think they are so cool looking. So solemn. Maybe that's why people call them wise.
    I've been lucky enough to have seen a few in my lifetime. What's really cool is to see one flying.

The one thing I had never seen in the wild before was a beaver. Saw one last winter and was so excited I almost ran the car off the road. He/she was in a pond with some ducks way out in the country.

I had a dream last week that we had a pet rooster. Then about 2 days later, we were at the flea market and they were selling live chickens. My husband said "don't even think about it". I am pretty sure that dream or no, I'd never have a pet rooster. My brother did when he was about 10. But that was before I was born and it was NOT a big hit with the parents or the neighbors.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3178839;
    misskitty I hope that Tatty gets reconnected with her family but in the meantime she must feel like like she is on vacation living with you.

AJane your pictures are fantastic!
    I agree!

MRD I feel your pain. Rosie is acting just like Henry did during our three day bout with Fay. It finally stopped raining here this afternoon, but he still didn't really want to go outside. I hope the weather clears up soon so that The Queen can resume her outdoor schedule!

Henry got locked in our bedroom tonight! We usually feed him in there to keep the dogs separated while they eat. I went to let him out and the door was locked from the inside! I have no idea how this happened (and I know he's not long enough to lock it himself ) but it took us awhile to get him out. We had to take the doorknob off. He apparently was asleep until he heard us messing with the doorknob and then he started howling like he was on death row or something. He's fine now that he is free again!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Poor Henry, locked up in solitary!

The Queen just roused herself to go out and it wasn't raining. Hubby took her out late last night and she sat under the table on the patio and wouldn't move, so he moved the table.

Waldo was a wet mess last night. Not only did he go out in the rain, but his habit of sniffing under all the bushes made sure that he got the water off those as well on him.

How Dogs Came To Be
    A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to 'Where do pets come from?'

Adam and Eve said, 'Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us.'

And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves.'

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve. And it was a good animal. And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, 'Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal.'

And God said, 'I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG which is God spelled backwards.

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them. And they were comforted.

And God was pleased.

And Dog was content and wagged his tail

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, 'Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well.'

And God said, I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration.'

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility. And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased
    And Dog was happy.

And Cat didn't give a flip (word changed due to language ) one way or the other.

Sad news: The fellow from the ad called early this morning and his wife stopped by right away to see if it was their kitty Sophie. Unfortunately, she wasn't their kitty. We are both so dissappointed.

Tatiana is doing ok, but I'll have to take her to the pound in a day or two.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

PGM35, great joke and it made purrfect sense to me!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3178933;

The Queen just roused herself to go out and it wasn't raining. Hubby took her out late last night and she sat under the table on the patio and wouldn't move, so he moved the table.

So Y'ALL are crazy, it's not just me....

MRD

Oh yeah, crazy animals, crazy humans here!

After 2 days of rain, Rosie was finally happy to go out last night with no rain.

Found Kitty2.jpg
    WOO HOO!

I found the kitty's owners! I took her to my vet today who scanned her for a microchip, free, and they found one. They located the company and printed out the owners info for me. I gave them a call and the husband was over in minutes.

Tatiana's real name is Smoky and she lives about 15-20 blocks away from me. She scooted out of her yard and lost her collar on the front lawn. Then she managed to traverse the ravine and a couple busy streets to get to where I found her.

So, I took a photo with the owner and kitty and asked to use it as a story in the Rescue Magazine along the lines of promoting happy endings by having your pet microchipped! But after the man left, the photo didn't come out because the card was loose in the camera. Dang. So, anyway, I've asked if we could get a photo for a story and he kinda agreed to send me one by e-mail. We'll see. Anyway, he had already dropped off Smoky to his ex-wife who apparently lives a block away and keeps the kitty.

In the meantime, I've had to e-mail the foster lady to tell her that Smoky has returned home, and drive around and take down all the posters I had put up. Whew!

My kitties are happy that they get the place to themselves, and I am happy that Smoky is back home where she belongs. My evil twin sinister has stopped demanding me to abandon Smoky at the Pound, & my Dad is happy he only has to babysit 3 kitties this week. And my sweetie is happy that I can now concentrate on my upcoming visit with him.

I really exhausted and feel kinda sick too. Must be all the excitement. I could use a cat-nap about now.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

That's great MK!! I'm glad you found the kitty's owner. Have a great weekend.

+ Reply to Thread