+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

He's as dashing in that raincoat as I thought he'd be doxie
    CYA

just too cute. Simon in that zebra outfit is too funny. (no wonder he is grouchy)

MRD

Cute pictures. Henry and Simon look very dashing.

Fay's coming back? What's going on with that, she just won't leave will she. Talk about overstaying your welcome.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

LoisLane : I saw that story...amazing!
    Doxie: Simon looks wonderful!

Here's a new story....
    Four-Eared Feline Becomes Internet Sensation
    Yoda, the four-eared cat
    yoda240.jpg

Talk about seeing double: A 2-year-old, gray house cat with an extra pair of ears and named after Star Wars's Jedi master Yoda has taken the Internet by storm – thanks to online photos showing off his four ears.

Yoda's owner, Valerie Rock, tells PEOPLE that it was her son, a part-time photographer, who helped launch her beloved pet into the celebrity galaxy.

"The way he tells it, the picture just kept getting more and more hits on this Web site," says Rock, 65. "Over time, it kept getting higher and higher until finally a news agency in the U.K. called him and asked to use the photo and story. Then it just blew up."

That's when the cat got out of the bag. "Three major newspaper in the U.K. ran [The story], says Rock. "We thought it had finally died down, but then the same frenzy began in the U.S. Everybody from Good Morning America to Tyra Banks has called."

Nobody's Purr-fect
    Rock, who resides in Downer's Grove, Ill., and her husband, Ted, discovered Yoda while they were watching a Bears game at a Chicago bar in 2006. They noticed the cat in a cage atop the bar and learned a woman was selling a litter of kittens. Yoda was the last to go.

As the cage was being passed around – while others in the bar made catty remarks about him – the couple noticed the cat's extra adornments.

"We heard people calling it 'Devil Cat' and 'Beelzebub,' " Rock says. Yoda's crowning glory, Rock would learn, are "extra flaps that didn't grow together" caused by a genetic defect.

"People were making comments like, 'If I were you, I wouldn't take this cat. It's evil,' " says Rock, who had lost a Siamese cat of 20 years months before Yoda happily entered her life.

She was not deterred. "[Yoda] is a very affectionate and social cat," says Rock. "He sleeps with my husband and me in the bed."

As for the obvious question: "His hearing is normal," she says. "And he really only has two ears, two holes. He's as normal as can be."

Four-Eared Feline Becomes Internet Sensation : People.com
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Interesting story misskitty.

Doxie - I'm really beginning to think that Henry is really a BIG HAM....

So, I'm off on my daily walk around the neighborhood and not even halfway through I come across a very confused but friendly little kitty. I stop, bend down, scratch her ears and her chin and she purrs loudly. She looks around, somewhat confused. I pick her up and she lays comfortably in my arms purring. I walk a bit down the sidewalk to the nearby house construction guys having a break in their truck and ask them if they've recognized this kitty. They say she just showed up today and looks lost. They've been working the site for months and have never seen her.

Found Kitty1.jpgFound Kitty3.jpgFound Kitty2.jpgFound Kitty 5.jpgFound Kitty 4.jpg

So, I take the little girl for a walk and stop at a few homes where it looks like someone is there. Unfortunately, no luck. No-one recognizes Kitty. And she has no tags, no tattoos, no collar, and I'm not sure about a chip. So, after letting her down to smell around and wander a bit, she continues to return to me, get picked up, and soothed. She's skinny and has tree sap in her back legs and tail. So, I decide to take her home and take photos and then blanket the area with a Found poster tonight.

I smuggled her into my den where it was set up for Bella. Kitty was so thirsty and hungry! She explored a bit, and then fell fast asleep. I hope I find her owners soon! Why can't people be responsible enough to put on a collar and tags on these precious little ones!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It almost sounds like somebody stopped a car and put her out, what with the acting confused and all. She is gorgeous, and she looks perfectly at home in those pictures. I'd take her if you knocked on my door.

A friend of mine found a kitty on the street, like that, took her to the vet for spaying only to find out that she had already been spayed. The kitty settled right in in her home, and everybody is happy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree with shay. someone put her out, probably got tired of her once she outgrew "kitty" size. JERKS!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

My brother and SIL and their kids found a cat the same way. This cat even had a flea collar on so we know she was someone's pet. There was no chip in her though and no one responded to the flyers they put up. They're keeping her, even though they're all allergic to cats. They couldn't stand the thought of her being put down. People are idiots. Who throws a living being outside to fend for itself? Oh, and this is the kicker...this cat was declawed, so she coudln't even fend for herself if attacked. She's got a nice home now with my brother and his family...

Misskitty, I think you may have already found the kitty's home...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread