+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3173771;
    . . .REPEAT AFTER ME: JOEY IS NOT SPOILED . . .
    Ummm -- yeah, he is!
    Having said that, can I be your cat?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Dog protected abandoned newborn, doctors say

This momma dog is a big heroine! I hope someone takes in her and her pups, too!

Dog protected abandoned newborn, doctors say - CNN.com

(CNN) -- A dog sheltered a newborn baby abandoned by its 14-year-old mother in a field in rural Argentina until the boy was rescued, a doctor said Friday.

The abandoned infant was found in a field with this dog and her newborn puppies.

A resident of a rural area outside La Plata called police late Wednesday night to say that he had heard the baby crying in a field behind his house.

The man went outside and found the infant lying beside the dog and its six newborn puppies, Daniel Salcedo, chief of police of the Province of Buenos Aires, told CNN.

The temperature was a chilly 37 degrees, Salcedo said.

The dog had apparently carried the baby some 50 meters from where his mother had abandoned him to where the puppies were huddled, police said.

"She took it like a puppy and rescued it," Salcedo said. "The doctors told us if she hadn't done this, he would have died."

"The dog is a hero to us."

Dr. Egidio Melia, director of the Melchor Romero Hospital in La Plata, told CNN that police showed up at the hospital at 11:30 p.m. Wednesday with the baby who doctors say was only a few hours old.

Though the infant had superficial scratches and bruises and was bleeding from his mouth, he was in good shape, Melia said.

The next morning, the child's mother was driven by a neighbor to the hospital and told authorities the 8 pound, 13 ounce infant is hers, Melia said.

The teenager was immediately given psychological treatment and was hospitalized, he said. She has said little about the incident.

The child has been transferred to a children's hospital in La Plata, 37 miles from Buenos Aires.

MRD

Wow, what an incredible story.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That story reinforces the reasons that I like dogs more than people.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Exactly Newfherder!

MRD

Yep, dogs don't abandon their babies for stupid reasons.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That is a great story!

So, thanks to Fay (now a tropical depression), it has been raining steadily here for almost 24 hours. Henry is NOT happy. He and Simon both have been dragged, shoved, cajoled and lured outside every few hours since the rain started. Henry does NOT care for that treatment and he immediately waddles back in as soon as we open the door and buries his long self under his blanket/laundry/bedcovers/whatever he can find.... It's supposed to rain all day Sunday too, and I think I'll try to get a video or some pictures of the raincoat wearing Henry vs. Fay.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

How about some Simon pictures and stories, or does Simon manage to "fly under the clouds" so to speak?

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3175227;
    I think I'll try to get a video or some pictures of the raincoat wearing Henry vs. Fay.
    Yes Please.....I really want to see Henry in his raincoat
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    How about some Simon pictures and stories, or does Simon manage to "fly under the clouds" so to speak?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555
    Yes Please.....I really want to see Henry in his raincoat
    Simon is old and grouchy and he hates the camera. But below is a picture of Simon wearing his "zebra" Halloween costume a few years ago.

Bunny, here are a couple of pictures of the Long One wearing his raincoat and meeting new friends at an outdoor festival. Luckily, he didn't have to wear it today because it finally quit raining and he waddled outside on his own!

Edited to added: Fay is supposed to come back tomorrow, and I may be able to get another shot of Henry in his raincoat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread