+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Entirely too adorable! The pic with the tongue looks like he's saying, "Whaaaaaat.....?" So precious.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You have to love the freckles on that nose too!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

UNKLESCOTT - Those pictures are ADORABLE

Love the pictures, Unk. I especially like that cute little kitty tongue. My kitties don't do that.

Adorable photos Unk! Laurel looks like he's trying to catch a snowflake or raindrop with that pink tongue. Doesn't he know he has to be outside to do that?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Unk those are too cute.

Well as for the bed, wouldn't want to get hasty and get attached to it until you absolutely KNOW that it's not going anywhere. A year should be sufficient time to know that it's permanent and he can now sleep in it. That means there's hope maybe for Waldo. He still tries to get in the little beds but will NOT get in the bed we got for him. Rosie gets in that one. You could put 10 rosies in that bed.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

This story brought a tear to my eye.

General News - Mourning gorilla holds on to body of her baby

Mourning gorilla holds on to body of her baby

BERLIN — A gorilla at a zoo in the German city of Muenster is refusing to let go of her dead baby's body several days after it died of unknown causes.

Allwetter Zoo spokeswoman Ilona Zuehlke says the 3-month-old male baby died on Saturday but its 11-year-old mother continues to carry its body around. Zuehlke says such behavior is not uncommon to gorillas.

Zuehlke says the mother "is mourning and must say goodbye." The mother gorilla is named Gana.

Signs were posted near Gana's enclosure Wednesday to explain the situation to visitors. A staff member is also present to answer questions.

The baby was named Claudio and was Gana's second baby. She had a female baby in 2007 that now lives at the Stuttgart Zoo.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I read about gorillas mourning their dead, much the same as humans do. An adult gorilla died, and the other's filed past the body, viewing the remains. The gorilla's mate sat near her/his deceased mate. Fascinating.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That is so very sad about the mommy gorilla.

I was just thinking last night how sad it must be for our pets; dogs and cats, to have their kittens and puppies just taken from them to other peoples homes. I was feeling really bad about splitting up all my kitties from their moms and siblings. And how they must wonder where they are and what happened to them. And why they couldn't all stay together and be happy. I was feeling really depressed and sad at how sad I may have made my kitties, even though they have a very loving home.

Mr. Tootles bit me again this morning. I think he thinks I've died, I've been in bed so much lately. Maybe he's made I didn't adopt his mom or brothers.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

When Rosie had puppies and they all went to their new homes, I think she was happy about it. When she later saw her 2 daughters later on, she wasn't very nice to them.
    But she was about fed up with her puppies (they were very aggressive with her and would almost knock her off her feet trying to nurse when they got bigger and just before she and us weaned them. And then we kept Bogie. She tolerated him mostly at first and then they did play together and get a lot closer, once he got a lot older, but she likes him a lot better now that we have Waldo cause she really is not too fond of Waldo.

But she may be the difference, I don't know. But I know a lot of mom's that were glad when the kiddos moved out, so maybe dogs and kitties are that way too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread