+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

  1. #10541
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3168048;
    I share my milk with Joey. I fill the glass put it down for him to have what he wants, then I finish it off.
    And Shay is down for the count....

    Somebody call -911!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #10542
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Well it only happens like once a year or so if that.

  3. #10543
    FORT Fogey misskitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the Kat House in Kanada
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3166960;
    I still say you can only quit smoking IF you really want to.
    You can change your entire life if you focus on what you want, make choices that take you in the same direction, and imagine yourself already being there!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

  4. #10544
    In My Nest doxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sweet dreams are made of cheese....
    Posts
    1,264

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3168087;
    Well it only happens like once a year or so if that.
    Let's just say that I closely inspected my water after seeing Henry drinking out of it and noticed some "debris" in there... EWW. I know it had to have come off of his long tongue. It's not like Henry doesn't have his OWN water - he is just too lazy to get out of bed and waddle to the kitchen to drink out of his bowl. I'm going to have to invest in a nice big cup with a lid and a straw. A sippie cup for adults!!!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

  5. #10545
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3168603;
    I'm going to have to invest in a nice big cup with a lid and a straw.
    When I first read this I thought "Well how is she going to get Henry to drink out of that?"
    CYA

  6. #10546
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,085

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3168603;
    . . . It's not like Henry doesn't have his OWN water - he is just too lazy to get out of bed and waddle to the kitchen to drink out of his bowl. . .
    I have a husband who likes to drink out of my water glass when we're in the living room watching TV or reading -- even if he has a glass (or two) of his own in the same room. He claims that the water from my glass tastes better.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  7. #10547
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3168603;
    Let's just say that I closely inspected my water after seeing Henry drinking out of it and noticed some "debris" in there... EWW. I know it had to have come off of his long tongue. It's not like Henry doesn't have his OWN water - he is just too lazy to get out of bed and waddle to the kitchen to drink out of his bowl. I'm going to have to invest in a nice big cup with a lid and a straw. A sippie cup for adults!!!
    Put little buddy a second water dish in your room, or wherever might be convenient; and I'd still put a closed container on the table for you, too. I'm sure he'll thank you for it!

    I've got a couple of locations for litter boxes around the house (floors 2 and 4) for my 3 gurls, and they are used with regularity. Miss Sashay is about 12 years old, and I'm into making her life comfortable, but the other gurls are welcome to take full advantage, too!

    They all like the 'bottle sweat' that is on the ever-present, defrosting water bottles that I carry around the house.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #10548
    In My Nest doxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sweet dreams are made of cheese....
    Posts
    1,264

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3168779;
    Put little buddy a second water dish in your room, or wherever might be convenient; and I'd still put a closed container on the table for you, too. I'm sure he'll thank you for it!

    I've got a couple of locations for litter boxes around the house (floors 2 and 4) for my 3 gurls, and they are used with regularity. Miss Sashay is about 12 years old, and I'm into making her life comfortable, but the other gurls are welcome to take full advantage, too!

    They all like the 'bottle sweat' that is on the ever-present, defrosting water bottles that I carry around the house.
    Henry now has his own water bowl in our bedroom. I'm NOT sure that it will keep his lazy long self from drinking MY water and I'm planning to purchase some kind of insulated cup/jug with a lid and a straw this weekend.I love Henry, but I know where his tongue has been and I don't want to drink water that could possibly have leftovers from that!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

  9. #10549
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3169366;
    Henry now has his own water bowl in our bedroom. I'm NOT sure that it will keep his lazy long self from drinking MY water and I'm planning to purchase some kind of insulated cup/jug with a lid and a straw this weekend.I love Henry, but I know where his tongue has been and I don't want to drink water that could possibly have leftovers from that!


    Exactly!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  10. #10550
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: For animal lovers

    So after about a year Laurel decided he would start using the bed I bought for the boys.



    You got to love the tongue.


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.