+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3165319;
    Doxie, Bogie and I too are competing in the Olympic Couch sitting marathon. Wonder which of us will get the Gold. Probably you guys as my family changes the channel when I leave the room for any reason. They are over the Olympics already.
    So the Gold goes to Team Alabama: Doxie and Henry!!!!
    I've noticed Henry watching WAY more beach volleyball than I care to see. We've decided that if he wasn't on "Team Alabama" he'd either be representing Hungary (Hungry Always is Henry's national anthem) or he'd be a Laplander!

LilBit - your Pug is adorable. Good luck with the potty training!

Such good news about Clara! I'm so happy that she is home and safe and sound. I'm sure she'll recover from the leg injury soon and I bet that she'll think twice before running away from home again!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Doxie, tell Henry he's just like all the other men watching beach vollyball because of the uniforms.
    I think Henry should go with Hungary (because I like Henry's national anthem).

Lilbit your pug is adorable. Good luck with house training.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog, your story reminds me of a family camping weekend we took a couple of weeks ago. My son, who smokes, was with us. Well, Roxie, our pug pup, got ahold of a pack of his cigs and chewed them up pretty badly. They were destroyed. Later, we all went to the swimming pool and Lexie, my granddaughter, promptly threw his newly opened pack into the pool. I told him the whole family was conspiring to make him quit smoking.

MRD

Well it was pretty funny because Waldo has never done that before. The only thing he will snatch up is dog toys and food.
    I was desperate. I am ready to quit, but I also knew I had 24 hours left to smoke last night and I had my LAST pack of smokes and I had planned to get the full benefit out of my last hours, so you can't imagine the panic I felt when he snatched them up and ran off. I'm ready to quit, just was preparing for tomorrow, not last night.

So did your son quit? From what I'm hearing from people the Chantix has REALLY worked well for them. And if not, you can always train the puppy to keep tearing up his cigs.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3166529;

So did your son quit? From what I'm hearing from people the Chantix has REALLY worked well for them. And if not, you can always train the puppy to keep tearing up his cigs.
    I certainly don't have to train her to chew on things. Her favorite "chew toys" are my leather sandals. I've finally learned to put them up high where she can't reach them. I really don't think cigs are the best things for her to chew up though, so I'll have to come up with another plan to get my son to quit.

My husband got a prescription for Chantix but hasn't started yet. I've also heard that they work good, but his problem is that he really doesn't want to quit. So we'll see.

gabriel: Your tabby was a beautiful girlie !

LilBit: Your little pug is so cute! I'm sure he'll learn big boy things soon enough.

My little animals are all trying to keep cool today. It's about 35C. Too hot.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I still say you can only quit smoking IF you really want to.

Henry had an eventful day. First of all, I woke up with him STANDING on my head and stretching his long self out to drink the water out of the large glass that I keep on the bedside table. EWW. I've recently noticed that my water was gone - but I've been blaming it on Mr. Doxie. I shudder to think about how many times Henry might have drunk my water.... And then....

Mr. Doxie took him to get a "pawdicure" which he hates. Henry (as always) collapsed in a long heap when he realized that he was about to get a nail clipping. After that, Mr. Doxie carried the (20 pound) Long One into the bookstore next door to get a book for me because it was too hot to leave Henry in the truck. Henry got a free biscotti from the coffee shop in the store and he had a great time! He was very happy to get home though and he snuggled up with me on the couch and watched the Olympics.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3168017;
    Henry had an eventful day. First of all, I woke up with him STANDING on my head and stretching his long self out to drink the water out of the large glass that I keep on the bedside table. EWW. I've recently noticed that my water was gone - but I've been blaming it on Mr. Doxie. I shudder to think about how many times Henry might have drunk my water....
    I share my milk with Joey. I fill the glass put it down for him to have what he wants, then I finish it off.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3168017;
    And then....

Mr. Doxie took him to get a "pawdicure" which he hates. Henry (as always) collapsed in a long heap when he realized that he was about to get a nail clipping. After that, Mr. Doxie carried the (20 pound) Long One into the bookstore next door to get a book for me because it was too hot to leave Henry in the truck. Henry got a free biscotti from the coffee shop in the store and he had a great time! He was very happy to get home though and he snuggled up with me on the couch and watched the Olympics.
    A biscotti eating Long One, now that IS funny. I am so glad Joey only weighs 17 pounds and is NOT long.....

MRD

I've caught Rosie drinking out of my glass before and had the same thought Doxie.

Sounds like Henry had a busy day.

+ Reply to Thread