+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3165035;
    THat's interesting. I had never heard of one before and saw the video that the officer shot and it was really interesting. It was running and he got good footage of it.
    Thanks for the info. It is kind of cool though. Just a few years ago they had never found a giant squid either. I want to know answers about all these animals and UFO's and if there was a 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll, what happened to Amelia Erheart, If Tom Cruise is really a cyborg, etc.
    Enquiring minds you know.

I would love to have the money to be a full blown Cryptozoologist, Ghost Hunter and UFO chaser all in one. Hey, I get more vacation next year, what do you say I head south and you can educate me on grits and then we can head into the woods with a camera and find our own Kamoto dragon or big foot or what ever??? I saw on the news that a crew in Calif. are holding a news conf. friday claiming they have a body of a big foot, also video and DNA (Drudgereport) don't know how credible but I buy into that stuff everytime because you just never know....

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by snickertink;3165040;
    I would love to have the money to be a full blown Cryptozoologist, Ghost Hunter and UFO chaser all in one. Hey, I get more vacation next year, what do you say I head south and you can educate me on grits and then we can head into the woods with a camera and find our own Kamoto dragon or big foot or what ever??? I saw on the news that a crew in Calif. are holding a news conf. friday claiming they have a body of a big foot, also video and DNA (Drudgereport) don't know how credible but I buy into that stuff everytime because you just never know....
    Here in SC, they have the Lizard Man. So come on down and we'll hunt for the Lizard Man. I have a book on Ghosts of SC too and we can go look for some of those. Grits and Ghosts, what a combo. Waldo would love to have company too!

Those things fascinate me too and I do think that there is good evidence on the ghosts and UFO's. The bigfoots, maybe. Got to be something, it's been seen too many times in a lot of different places. I really don't think we know everything that's out there and there's still too much unexplained stuff, so I buy into a lot of that too because it's fun to speculate about. I think it would be fun to be a Cryptozoologist. Ghost Hunter, not so much. While I love the show, I am way scared to be a Ghost Hunter. Maybe Waldo would protect me.
    Yeah, I'd like to see THAT!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

The road to what some call the nutville started for me when I first saw the Patterson film which still holds up to this day. I am a firm believer that mankind as a whole are/is incredibly arrogant and to Quote Dr. Ian Malcome (Jurrasic Park) Life Will Find A Way!
    Ghost freak me out too, and I can't promise I won't snatch up Tinks in one arm and Waldo in another and A) Stand there stupid with drool dripping out of my mouth while my brain is in my happy place or B) run screeching for the hills but boy if we caught something on tape, video or what ever, boy wouldn't that be cool???

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3165053;
    . Maybe Waldo would protect me.
    Hey hey, the big lug would probably protect you to his death dear lady....now go hug the big goof.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3165070;
    Hey hey, the big lug would probably protect you to his death dear lady....now go hug the big goof.
    He is a good watch dog, he always barks at strangers (and the mailman and the cats and the neighbors and stray leaves that blow by. )

The big goof has had his nose buried in my lap on and off for the last couple hours. I made the mistake of putting the thermometer in my mouth and he saw it and thought it was food, so he's been begging ever since. I should let him know that if I were to take his temp., it wouldn't go in his mouth!

Stray leaves?? GOOD WALDO!! *pat pat* Give him a lil snack

MRD

He has taken to staring at my husband every evening and whining. I wrote about that a few weeks ago. Well apparantly we have not figured out what it is he wants, so now instead of whining, he gives just one short woof and then acts like we are supposed to get up and do something. His woof is really deep, so that's what makes him a good watchdog. If I heard that barking at me, and didn't see it, I'd be scared!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3165053;
    Maybe Waldo would protect me.
    Did y'all see this about the dog that stayed by his dead owner for 6 weeks?

Dog Stays With Dead Owner for Six Weeks :: EDGE Boston
    Dog Stays With Dead Owner for Six Weeks
    Associated Press
    Wednesday Aug 13, 2008
    A dog stood guard over her ownerís body for up to six weeks after the man committed suicide on the remote northeastern Colorado plains, authorities said.

The body of 25-year-old Jake Baysinger of La Salle, Colorado, was found Sunday on the Pawnee National Grasslands about 75 miles northeast of Denver, Colorado. Cash, his German shepherd, was found beside him, thin and dehydrated but still alive. The dog had apparently survived by eating mice and rabbits, authorities said.

The Weld County coroner ruled Baysingerís death a suicide. The cause of death wasnít immediately determined but authorities found a gun nearby, the coronerís office said Tuesday.

"At least we know itís over now," said Baysingerís wife, Sara. "Weíd been looking for my husband for six weeks, and this isnít how we wanted it to end. At least we can close this."

Baysinger was reported missing June 28. An extensive search failed to locate him, but Kip Konig, a rancher, saw the dog last weekend, went to investigate and discovered Baysingerís body and his pickup.

He said Cash kept running back to the pickup and jumping into the front seat.

"I got the sense she was trying to tell me where her master was," Konig said.

Cash was reunited Monday with Sara Baysinger and her 2-year-old son, Lane. She said her little boy is "very close to that dog" and happy to see her again.

Investigators said the dog probably kept coyotes away from the body.

Sara Baysinger of La Salle sits with Cash, the familyís 3-year-old German shepherd who was rescued Sunday and taken to the Humane Society of Weld County. Baysinger said that Cash is in surprisingly good health considering the six weeks she survived on her own.

Well he wants something.... Come on HUMANS figure it out.......something in his routine must have changed or something happened in the last couple weeks. Is hubby sitting in WALDOS spot on the couch from when hubby was gone working? Something is different and he knows it...

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3165085;
    Did y'all see this about the dog that stayed by his dead owner for 6 weeks?
    How loyal is that? Poor thing. At least she is back with the family.

+ Reply to Thread