+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3163886;
    Spending that is silly seeing as how many need homes. As much as I love Joey and as sweet as Mona was, a clone would not be the same.
    Exactly! We dearly love both of our dogs. However, after having spent almost 15 years with Simon the JRT, I have NO desire to have a clone of him. I can't take 15 more years of living with a wild animal. As far as Henry is concerned, we paid about $85 to adopt him and he is the sweetest/funniest/most lovable dog that I have ever had. I'd rather try my luck with the adoption process again instead of spending tons of money getting him cloned. Plus - Henry would probably pass out in a long pitiful heap if he had to get his blood drawn to be cloned.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Never let it be said that prayers go unanswered and wishes can't come true......Our Clara found her way home to us last night. My son spotted her under some bushes at the edge of our property just before nightfall. We'll never know where she was for 5 days but she was definitely trying to make her way home. She was hungry, filthy and has a broken leg and since we can't get her checked out till this morning, we don't know the full extent of her injuries. She ate an entire large can of tuna and some bits of chicken so that's a good sign.
    Thank you all for sending so many prayers and good wishes our way.....it definitely worked!
    CYA

Oh, Bunny, I'm so glad Clara is home. I think she needs some major lovin' and a nice long nap. Let us know how her check-up goes.

That Clara is home is a reason to rejoice! Now EVERYONE - WATCH when you open doors!!

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3164468;
    Exactly! We dearly love both of our dogs. However, after having spent almost 15 years with Simon the JRT, I have NO desire to have a clone of him. I can't take 15 more years of living with a wild animal. As far as Henry is concerned, we paid about $85 to adopt him and he is the sweetest/funniest/most lovable dog that I have ever had. I'd rather try my luck with the adoption process again instead of spending tons of money getting him cloned. Plus - Henry would probably pass out in a long pitiful heap if he had to get his blood drawn to be cloned.
    And then YOU would have to carry the heap O'Henry out to the car

Bunny that's fantastic. I'm sure Clara will be getting spoiled rotten as well she should.

MRD

Clara's home. I hope the checkup goes ok. Please let us know what the vet says.
    I'm so happy for you and for Clara.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Bunny, I am so happy that Clara's home, the poor little bugger. I hope her leg heals quickly. Another bit of good news about this is, if my experience is anything to go by, once a cat goes through an experience like this they don't seem to be near as inclined to go roaming.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I'm so happy for you Bunny! Poor thing.
    Count your blessings!

Yay for Clara!

Vanity cloning is absurd, but I can think of a circumstance in which cloning a dog makes very good sense. Some breeds have wide-spread genetic problems, with very few animals that are not affected. It would greatly improve the breed if the few unaffected animals could be cloned and used for breeding, and thus diluting the genetic problem.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread