+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3163480;
    Miss Kitty, there is a lot more to this story than just the cloning. It is really bizarre, as in someone could not make this stuff up kind of bizarre.
    Here is the link....the story is rather long, so I am not going to paste it here, but it is a good read!
    Bernann McKinney, Joyce McKinney: Cloned puppies and a mormon sex slave? -- chicagotribune.com
    Thanks MamaC! That was really interesting. So she's a bit of a crazy lady. I'm just glad that the puppies are all healthy and ok. I hope she treats them very well and doesn't tie them to her bedposts.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Do you guys think pet cloning is a good idea? I've loved all my furry babies so much, but I don't think I would try to replicate one. Not to mention the fact there are so many pets that are homeless, spending $150,000 on cloning seems kind of silly.

I don't like the idea of cloning anything but for some people, they won't even consider adopting a new pet when their loved one passes away. I personally want only homeless pets never anything from a store.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I love my boys, but they are all one of a kind. And if I cloned any of my one of a kinds, I would miss out on other one of a kinds that I would meet and fall in love with through the rescue organizations.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3163860;
    Do you guys think pet cloning is a good idea? I've loved all my furry babies so much, but I don't think I would try to replicate one. Not to mention the fact there are so many pets that are homeless, spending $150,000 on cloning seems kind of silly.
    Spending that is silly seeing as how many need homes. As much as I love Joey and as sweet as Mona was, a clone would not be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3163886;
    Spending that is silly seeing as how many need homes. As much as I love Joey and as sweet as Mona was, a clone would not be the same.
    That's what I was thinking too. Even if the kitties look identical to our cats, they would probably have different personalities.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3163480;
    Miss Kitty, there is a lot more to this story than just the cloning. It is really bizarre, as in someone could not make this stuff up kind of bizarre.

Here is the link....the story is rather long, so I am not going to paste it here, but it is a good read!

Bernann McKinney, Joyce McKinney: Cloned puppies and a mormon sex slave? -- chicagotribune.com

I was going to post a link to this story, too. Quite bizarre.

on topic:

I don't think I would clone a pet. Just because it has the same genetic make up doesn't mean it will be the same pet. It just doesn't seem right to me.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I really like the idea of the different personalities in all of the babies that I have adopted! Each has her own beauty....even the stalker kitty! (Who's still at it, by the way! )
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I have had some very unique animals and I have loved them all, but I don't think I could have a clone of any of them. I think that the clone would be a pale shadow of the original and I would be disappointed.
    Besides I echo what others have said, there are so many homeless pets that need homes. I have rescued 5 animals in my lifetime and all have been great pets. I've also gotten pets from breeders, once a pet store and we once bred Rosie which is how we got Bogie. I do think from now on, I would do rescue, the pound or through the paper.

I think the purpose of cloning should be to help people regrow organs or limbs that they have lost. I don't think it should be used in making new people or animals.

BTW, that woman is a nutjob. Story has to be true, how can you make some of that up??? Skiing nude down Mt. Everest with a carnation up her nose. OK, that part had me
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3163882;
    I love my boys, but they are all one of a kind. And if I cloned any of my one of a kinds, I would miss out on other one of a kinds that I would meet and fall in love with through the rescue organizations.
    beautifully said.

+ Reply to Thread