+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Bunny: I hope that your dear Clara finds her way back home very soon! Sending kitty angels to help her find her way back to you !! Keep on looking for her and calling with her favorite treats! Also check at the pound in case someone picked her up and thought she was lost! Keep us posted!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

I'm praying hard with the rest of you for Clara to come home. Bunny you are in my thoughts, I know exactly how you feel and it makes you crazy not nowing where your baby is.

Thank you to all for the well wishes, we talked to another vet (brother - big family of vets and i love each and every one of them) He strongly suggest waiting to see if the muscles will strengthen and over compensate for the torn ligament. So that is where we are at. we are just going to treat him like the big baby that he is and keep a careful eye on him.

My darling rat terror gave me a scare tonight, he caught something in the back yard by the shed and was shaking it to death banging it against the metal side of the shed. I go down with a flash light and it was a tiny mouse. the ding dong was shaking it alright but was banging his own head against the shed doing it. It's a wonder the knuckle head isn't cross eyed but boy is he proud of his kill. yuch!

Gab - I love that look. i'm gonna use it on hubby next time he gets out of line

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My darling rat terror gave me a scare tonight, he caught something in the back yard by the shed and was shaking it to death banging it against the metal side of the shed. I go down with a flash light and it was a tiny mouse. the ding dong was shaking it alright but was banging his own head against the shed doing it. It's a wonder the knuckle head isn't cross eyed but boy is he proud of his kill. yuch!

This visual made me laugh! You sure he isn't part cat??
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-10-2008 at 12:05 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3161750;

This visual made me laugh! You sure he isn't part cat in??
    The CAT would NOT have been banging ITS OWN head.

We had a small minature poodle when I was a boy and he used to go under the couch and bark at people. Every time he barked though, his head would jerk up and he would hit it on the wooden slats that were under there. woof*klunk*woof*klunk* -- you get the picture. Poor little maurice must have had a hard head.

MRD

I'm sorry, but when I hear the name Maurice, I think of the Steve Miller song that goes: "some people call me Maurice (wooop- woooo) because I speak of the pompitous of love".

Poor little Maurice and his head bumping self.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3161765;
    The CAT would NOT have been banging ITS OWN head.

We had a small minature poodle when I was a boy and he used to go under the couch and bark at people. Every time he barked though, his head would jerk up and he would hit it on the wooden slats that were under there. woof*klunk*woof*klunk* -- you get the picture. Poor little maurice must have had a hard head.
    OK, I wasn't going to rub that part in, and you had to go there. I was trying to be humble about cat superiority.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3161778;
    OK, I wasn't going to rub that part in, and you had to go there. I was trying to be humble about cat superiority.
    There is no humility when it comes to cats, and you probably guessed right that I learned that from a cat.

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

You are right my spooky baby kitty would never bang his own head, sure tries to knock the doggies out every now and then though. It is so funny watching how a cat, doberman, black lab and rat terror all react to prey diffrently. Kitty would have brought the mouse in to play with then up to my pillow to eat at his leisure. yummy.

the Doberman will catch something in the back yard and as soon as it moves in his mouth he spits it out and runs away i swear saying "ick ick ick" the lab will carry it around and lay down with it before we can finally get it away from her. Tink shakes it to death then evicerates it and in somecases if you throw the body over then fence he will squirm under the chain length fence to drag it back under and into our yard to play with. They are all dogs but so diffrent, they are a pack and very smart when they "hunt/stalk" together.

Bunny, any news on clara? I'm still praying

snickertink: I never knew that dogs "hunted" and "played" with their prey. Sounds like a feline thing to do...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG GIRL GRACIE-LIN!!

She turned 10 years old today. I still remember the moment she was born. She's just such a vocal, persnickity, little princess. We love her very much
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-10-2008 at 09:20 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

She is stunningly beautiful!

+ Reply to Thread