+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Joey sleeps everywhere. Mona used to have her favorite chair which I had "covered" with a sheet like a cave... let me try to find the pic...

The second picture I just happened to come across which doing the chair one and I think it showed both of their faces rather well. I love Joey so much and Mona is still so much in my heart I had to share.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by just1paul; 08-07-2008 at 05:56 PM.

gabriel, I love that picture of Mona & Joey.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Those are very sweet pictures.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

She was a sweetheart my girl, and my boy is such a sweetie - I have to go pester him..

MRD

Gabriel, that's a wonderful picture of Mona and Joey together. And I LOVE the tent. We had a dog that used to have a "tent" similar to that to sleep in.

Well I guess it's appropo that I have on my Mona "The Look" shirt tonight especially as she is being talked about on here fondly this evening.

Earlier, I was talking to a fellow FORTer on the phone (alright, it was Doxie. ) and I was outside watering plants when my husband let the dogs out and off they raced to see the neighbors and apparantly Doxie could hear my husband yelling "WALDO!!! WALDO!!! WALDO!!!" She started laughing and asked me what Waldo had done now.
    He was pestering the neighbors. He now thinks that when they are in their yard, it's ok for him to run over there. (these are the "good" neighbors)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

I just need to vent and maybe a few prayers sent my way. My doberman just had surgery a couple months ago to remove a giant fatty cyst off of his groin. He did pretty well for as big and old as he is. (my husband on the other hand took ALL of his vacation for the year to stay home with him and called me once every 2 hours freaking out every single day and called the vet at least that often and took him in to be checked. we were never charged and the vet was right on everything he said would and would not happen thank God). We have a wonderful vet whose father happened to be the vet I had when I was a kid so DR. R is very accomodating as far as cost and treatments for my animals. So now hubby has no more vacation, My son and I are getting ready to go see my dad in AZ in a couple weeks with the plane tickets paid for and savings set aside for spending money.....

Last week the same doberman spun around playing in the back yard with the other two dogs and ripped/tore his ACL?? Some ligament in his knee. Our vet can not do that particular surgery on a dog his size so we would have to go to the university and spend at least $2000 to keep this baby walking so the vet says. The economy is crap, my work place is barely keeping all of us employed as well as hubby's and this may be the last year I get to go see my dad in AZ. Sag. doesn't seem to be in any pain, he just won't flatten out his back foot. and as old and large as he is I really don't want to put him through another surgery this year.

anyhoo, any prayers or homopathic advise sent my way would be wonderful. I love my furbabies, and want the best for them. My husband has never had an elderly or infirm pet (his mother "got rid of them" before it ever got to that point) so he is freaking freaking freaking out!

It is not just cost that is making me nuts, it is keeping Sag. pain free and safe. and Hubby is making himself sick with worry

Gosh, I just reread what I wrote and my main concern is NOT money. It is putting a large, elderly dog through surgery again in just a few months. I trust my vet totally BUT this is my baby and I don't think I could handle it if something happened when I could have avoided it. Ya know what I mean?

And my husband, I am dreading the day when we go "there" with one of our animals. he won't be able to handle it.

i'm sorry for the rambling message, I can't talk to anyone at work because to them it is j.u.s.t a. d.o.g.! My friends and family have their own issues... sorry..

No need to be sorry at all. We have all been there and understand it's not just a dog, it's family. I'll be sending good vibes out for your baby.

MRD

They are never just a dog. I hope that something works out for all of you. Prayers for everyone. It's heartbreaking when things happen to our pets.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

Thanks Unk and MRD, I know we will do the right thing with Sag. it just got a little overwhelming there for a sec. It will be ok, i just had to "unload", I'm off to watch the hot mess that is Big Brother. Some big belly laughs and some snuggle time with my puppies I am sure will cure what ails me.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Prayers are being said, and I know the right thing for the fella will be done.

And here goes crazy Daddy with another one he hasn't shared. rest her soul.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread