+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3157323;
    Doxie,
    That was HILARIOUS!!!! And Waldo and Bogie are so flattered, but you have seriously insulted Rosie. She has her nose (and it's a long one) very out of joint on this one.

I turned the video on and the boys were in the room, both immediately ran to the computer. Bogie actually jumped in my lap and both were glued to the screen. Waldo was watching Henry and they both were transfixed. Then here came Jealous. She snapped at Waldo and Bogie both and tried to get in my lap too which then caused Bogie to jump up and that got Waldo started and then I had the two boys trying to "play" and Rosie trying to keep both of them in line by growling at them.

But they loved their video and thank you for teaching Henry to look for his friends.

Oh and my husband was home to witness this event and he thought the whole thing was so funny. I wish I'd videotaped us watching Henry's video.
    We need a picture of Miss nose out of Joint with a LOOK on here....

MRD

Well Mona will always be Queen of "the look", but Miss Rosie can come up with her own. But hers are always accompanied by a snarl too. She curls up her lip too. It is priceless.

Last night she was next to me in bed while I read. My husband was asleep. When Rosie decided it was time to move to her usual spot beside my husband, he would NOT wake up to hold up the covers for her. So she grunted at him and scratched his pillow until he woke up and lifted up the covers. I was about to die laughing on my side of the bed and no, I didn't feel like helping. I wanted to see what she would do and if she could wake him up.

I sent the link of Doxie's Henry, Waldo and Bogie video to a friend of mine who also has a Jack Russell. She said that her dog, Billly, came running in and started barking his head off at it. Billly and Bogie used to be great friends when we lived in Florida. (Rosie didn't like Billy. Go figure, she doesn't like any other dog except Bogie and she merely tolerates him as she's his mom. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Doxie, that video was hilarious. MRD, when are you going to post videos of Waldo and crew?

My cat Smokey hasn't brought in any noisy bugs lately. She's moved on to frogs . I've rescued a few the past couple of days and shooed them out the door.

Today a lizard was on the hood of my car and I saw it while driving down the street. Luckily I didn't make it to the highway yet and so I pulled over, got him on a tissue, and put him in the grass to go merrily on his way. He was just a little guy (gal) too.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've got a grrrreat box for the gurls! It's a Chiquita banana box, with holes in the sides of it. They take turns getting into it, laying low, and watching for another approaching kitty and me! They flatten themselves out and then spring out of the box. Each one takes her turn...and no fighting. I love that they get such a kick out of a box......and if it's just the right one, all the better! Oh, and the box is located close to the food/water dishes so they are always assured that 'somebody' is coming!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3157323;
    Doxie,
    That was HILARIOUS!!!! And Waldo and Bogie are so flattered, but you have seriously insulted Rosie. She has her nose (and it's a long one) very out of joint on this one.

I turned the video on and the boys were in the room, both immediately ran to the computer. Bogie actually jumped in my lap and both were glued to the screen. Waldo was watching Henry and they both were transfixed. Then here came Jealous. She snapped at Waldo and Bogie both and tried to get in my lap too which then caused Bogie to jump up and that got Waldo started and then I had the two boys trying to "play" and Rosie trying to keep both of them in line by growling at them.

But they loved their video and thank you for teaching Henry to look for his friends.

Oh and my husband was home to witness this event and he thought the whole thing was so funny. I wish I'd videotaped us watching Henry's video.

Well, Rosie can be the subject of the next video if Henry wakes up in the near future! I didn't forget about The Queen - I just remembered you saying that she ignored the barking from the other videos and figured that she wouldn't deign to spend her time watching this one! Glad y'all enjoyed it.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Well normally she wouldn't Doxie, but then again, she is uber jealous of anything the boys do.

Archie, we don't have a video camera, or I would post video because they do some funny things.

prhoshay, that's funny. I'd like to see video of the girls in the banana box.

Animals and kids love boxes!

Our kitty Clara loves nothing better than a laundry basket filled with warm clothes fresh out of the dryer.
    CYA

MRD

It's funny how our animals have their own favorite spots to sleep in.

Rosie is almost always curled up on one end of the sofa. Bogie chooses to sleep smack in the middle of our bed. It's almost like he measured it from side to side and end to end and figured out the exact middle. Waldo prefers the tile in front of the front door with his back against the door.

Now they do sleep elsewhere, but those spots are usually always their favorites. Usually the only time they get in their dogbeds is when we are occupying all the furniture they like to sleep on.
    Bogie and Waldo will get on the sofa, but not if Rosie is on there.

As humid as it's been for the last month or so here, our 3 dogs all head for the one little tiled floor in the house which is in the entryway. Whenever someone comes in, they may or may not move out of the way to let you in but you can tell where they've been laying by the big slobber marks on the floor.
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3158090;
    As humid as it's been for the last month or so here, our 3 dogs all head for the one little tiled floor in the house which is in the entryway. Whenever someone comes in, they may or may not move out of the way to let you in but you can tell where they've been laying by the big slobber marks on the floor.
    THat's why Waldo lays on the tile. It's cooler. He doesn't always move either. But when I try to step over him, sometimes he will stand up and then I'm in a heck of a fix because I'm left straddling him and trying not to fall over.

+ Reply to Thread