+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

I had gotten a package of shortbread cookies today at the museum. It was out of the vending machine, so they weren't huge. Well I came in the house with my purse, books, keys, bag and the open cookies. I didn't realize I was dropping cookies in my path through the house and wondered what all 3 dogs were chewing and then noticed my cookie bag was empty!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3155973;
    I had gotten a package of shortbread cookies today at the museum. It was out of the vending machine, so they weren't huge. Well I came in the house with my purse, books, keys, bag and the open cookies. I didn't realize I was dropping cookies in my path through the house and wondered what all 3 dogs were chewing and then noticed my cookie bag was empty!
    They thought you had brought a treat for them!
    Yup, with donuts!!

And you thought they were just happy to see you!!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3156010;
    And you thought they were just happy to see you!!!
    Actually they weren't all jumping on me and in my way like they usually are when I come home and they are glad to see me. I'm usually tripping over dogs who are in front of me. Today they were all behind me. Oh well, I didn't need those cookies anyway.

Just toooo funny!

We just got back from visiting family who live on a lake. Their two labs love the water (of course) but the big surprise was our Mastiff who decided she was a lab too. She was in there swimming out to get tennis balls and swimming really well considering her size. The funny thing was watching them swim around like a little pack. It was really good exercise for her, and she was surprisingly fast. They would launch themselves off the dock, but she never got that brave and always ran in from the shore.

Henry has made a new movie! Search youtube for "henry dachshund waldo bogie."

MRD, this is designed to drive Bogie and Waldo even crazier than they already are! I spent the last week teaching Henry to howl every time I mentioned Waldo or Bogie's names.

In the video, it sounds more like I'm howling.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

A new Baby Girl has arrived! Isn't she cute!

Giraffe Carrie watches over her new calf, who hasn't been named yet, at the Calgary Zoo.

Baby giraffe debuts at Calgary Zoo

Giraffe Carrie watches over her new calf, who hasn't been named yet, at the Calgary Zoo. The Calgary Zoo's newest baby giraffe made her public debut Tuesday, one week after her birth.

The female calf, which has not yet been named, stepped out into the sunshine with mother, Carrie, on Tuesday and enjoyed a cautious walk around an outside yard. Zookeeper Mona Keith says she's healthy and busy discovering her new surroundings.

"She's very inquisitive, very curious because she did come out into the yard," said Keith. "Her mom is a little nervous and I think her mom wanted her to go back inside.... She has a very bold spirit, I would say."

The calf is being kept separate from the rest of the giraffe herd at the zoo in a nursery area with her mother until they all get used to the new dynamic, said Keith.

"Our other giraffes, Mardi, Tenga, and Richard have all seen the new calf, and she's been brave enough to touch noses with a couple of them so far," said Cathy Gaviller, director of conservation, education, and research at the zoo.

This is the second giraffe baby at the zoo since Richard was born to mother Mardi in 2006.

Giraffes are not considered endangered but have been identified as a species whose population is in decline due to hunting, said zoo officials.
    Baby giraffe debuts at Calgary Zoo
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Doxie,
    That was HILARIOUS!!!! And Waldo and Bogie are so flattered, but you have seriously insulted Rosie. She has her nose (and it's a long one) very out of joint on this one.

I turned the video on and the boys were in the room, both immediately ran to the computer. Bogie actually jumped in my lap and both were glued to the screen. Waldo was watching Henry and they both were transfixed. Then here came Jealous. She snapped at Waldo and Bogie both and tried to get in my lap too which then caused Bogie to jump up and that got Waldo started and then I had the two boys trying to "play" and Rosie trying to keep both of them in line by growling at them.

But they loved their video and thank you for teaching Henry to look for his friends.

Oh and my husband was home to witness this event and he thought the whole thing was so funny. I wish I'd videotaped us watching Henry's video.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3156872;
    Henry has made a new movie! Search youtube for "henry dachshund waldo bogie."

MRD, this is designed to drive Bogie and Waldo even crazier than they already are! I spent the last week teaching Henry to howl every time I mentioned Waldo or Bogie's names.

In the video, it sounds more like I'm howling.
    That was funny. If I tried something like that with Joey he would just look at me like what the?....
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread