+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Oooh, Mav! What a gorgeous tarantula! Years ago my brother gave one to my daughter (it wasn't as pretty as yours, though) and surprisingly, Morgan was thrilled with it, named him Roger and loved to handle him. He'd crawl on her back and when she couldn't reach him she'd say "Mommy, could you get Roger for me?" Eeek! We kept a water-filled sponge in his cage and fed him crickets. The crickets always seemed to escape and pop up in the craziest places of our home!

Does your tarantula like to be handled? Have you ever gotten those fine little spikey hairs in you? Those buggars hurt!

LOVE the kitties! I'm especially partial to the "poofy" one!

Quote Originally Posted by Marley
    Rump - funny picture of your doggie. It looks like he is screaming.
    Hee-hee! Doesn't she look like a dragon-face?! I want to make that pic into a puzzle or something, cuz it makes me laugh. Maybe make it a greeting card with a catchy phrase or something?
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Rumpie, I didn't even see the pictures of your sweet baby!!!!! I love the dragon pic....you need to blow that up and do something with it....maybe next year's Christmas card?!?! Her coat is gorgeous.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Just got a new kitty today from the SPCA...his name is "Tanker", don't know if I like that or not! He's a real sweetheart, though he thinks my computer chair is his own already....

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    NOOOOO! *puts hands over ears and runs from thread yelling*LALALALALALA

Unk, she wasn't talking about YOU!!! Oh, wait, you're terrified for ALL males, right?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Oh boy, we have a new cat!!!! The neighbors got home last night and today the wife came over to collect Tiger Lily. My daughter was holding her and she would NOT look at neighbor lady. We got to talking and the upshot is she agreed to let us have the cat! Says she really isn't a cat person, she was just looking after it because someone dropped it off in front of her house back sometime in the fall. Over at her house it was sleeping in garage and wasn't allowed in, over here it has the run of the house and two cat playmates. We are SO glad! (We are cat people!!!)

My husband was so relieved he didn't have to concoct any stories to try and keep her. Just a few minutes ago I overheard him talking to the kitty and telling her the rules of the house. Now I'll line up a vet appt. for a check up and probably spaying (she hasn't bawled in two days, so maybe the first horny, er, "heat" episode is over).

broken pryncess: I just about spit out my milk when I saw your cat pictures because your black and white cat does exactly the same as my white cat, Mic. He climbs in sink in bathroom and naps or just relaxes too. Perfect size and very comfortable for them, no doubt.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Maveno:
    Chilean Rose Tarantula

Rump:
    Hee-hee! Doesn't she look like a dragon-face?! I want to make that pic into a puzzle or something, cuz it makes me laugh. Maybe make it a greeting card with a catchy phrase or something?
    LOL She's precious.

Waywyrd- congratulations on your new kitty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG
    Just a few minutes ago I overheard him talking to the kitty and telling her the rules of the house.
    I'm sure the kitty was listening to every word he said. She was probably thinking, "Pal, I own you now, you just don't know it yet."

Great pictures everyone! Wayward, how sweet you adopted a kitty from a shelter. He looks very contented and happy at his new home.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Tuxedo Cat: Kowboy is his name, he's the youngest (1 yr) and the biggest guy. He weighs approximately 13-14 lbs! Not overfeeding, he honestly ballooned at 6 months.
    *shuts eyes at tarantula pictures*
    My mom has a tuxedo cat she got from a no-kill shelter almost a year ago. He's named Zorro, because he looks like he has a mask. He's not really a lap cat -- he'll only sit with Mom, and only in her recliner -- but he's laid-back as can be.
    He's gotten a bit more skittish recently, as she got a second cat -- a teenage kitten, really -- to keep him company. The second one is wild and into *everything* and keeps wanting poor quiet Zorro to play with her.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Mav -- I wanna pet your tarantula. I LOVE spiders.

And to everybody else -- your babies are precious.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread