+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1384Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3151176;
    We have those stickers on some of the windows and by the doors. But I still worry.

ETA: well not the EXACT same stickers as mine obviously does NOT say white and black cat named Joey.
    I do worry sometimes myself and that's why I double check every day when I leave, that everything is off etcetc.... I wouldn't think yours would say white and black cat named Joey, unless there is something you have not told me.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3151206;
    I do worry sometimes myself and that's why I double check every day when I leave, that everything is off etcetc....
    Oh me too and I'm so anal about not leaving the dryer or dishwasher running when I'm not here. We've had problems in the past with both appliances (in other houses) and I was lucky I was home when it happened. So I don't leave anything but the ac on. And last year, even that almost caused a fire when we weren't home. Oh no, now need to get under the sofa with Bogie. I'm making myself anxious.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I live in a mobile home so I'm especially worried about fires. We have a pet door but now that my dog is blind I don't think he'd be able to get out if he was home alone. The cats are inside/outside but that doesn't mean they would use the pet door either if they were inside. I just hope I never have to find out. That's one of the main reasons I have a traditional answering machine and not from the phone company. When I'm out I'll call the house and as long as the machine picks up I know the house is still standing.

Whenever our smoke alarm goes off, it freaks out two of our dogs(Rickey and Duncan) who run around the house howling and looking for it.
    Our little dog(Princess) and the cat(Clara) are pretty oblivious to it and it's a minor irritation to them at best. That fire drill is a fantastic idea but it would be a miracle if we could pull that off.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3151935;
    That fire drill is a fantastic idea but it would be a miracle if we could pull that off.
    When I started this back in 1997, Mona & Joey would just jump up and stand there when the alarm was going off, so I would do my shoo shoo let's get in the bedroom routine. After doing that for about a month they began to stroll in that direction. So it actually got to a point where they would both just sit together in the hall outside the bedroom which is ok, because if the fire were in the bedroom I could just pick them both up and go out the apartment door in the living room.

Right now not much fazes Joey anymore so if the smoke alarm goes off, I would just pick him up and out the door. I'm thinking of getting another carrier which would be smaller since the one I currently have is large enough for both cats, but since it's just Joey I want one that is easier to carry and having it in the living room anyway.

I'm weird -but when Mona was alive, I started out with one carrier big enough for both, but it was rediculous (sp?) to use that huge thing for Miss Mona so then I bought another smaller one and had 2 carriers - one for miss petite and I would use the big one for Joey, but it is getting to be too much too handle for me I can't carry it.
    Last edited by just1paul; 08-01-2008 at 07:58 AM.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3151206;
    I do worry sometimes myself and that's why I double check every day when I leave, that everything is off etcetc.... I wouldn't think yours would say white and black cat named Joey, unless there is something you have not told me.
    Well Waldo is thinking about having a species change operation.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3151989;
    Well Waldo is thinking about having a species change operation.
    Waldo would be the largest, goofiest cat on the planet.

MRD

That he would.

That would be hilarious! WALDO cat!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3152506;
    That would be hilarious! WALDO cat!
    I know, can't you just picture that? NO cat would ever be as goofy as Waldo, it would have to be a species change operation for that to happen. Cats are too self-respecting to ever act like Waldo.

+ Reply to Thread