+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3149712;
    Yay for BJORN and happy memories! Please tell us when you first saw each other....did you find Bjorn? Did he find you? Do you still have his baby picture?

You too gabriel please. I didn't remember that when you adopted Mona, she was already 4 years old. I know that you had someone not-so-nice in your life at the time and kicked him out. Is that when you kept Mona?
    Well I adopted Mona from a friend who was moving to another state, then Mr. drunky wanted something to love him so we went and got joey and of course I was joeys defender from day one and when I moved, I was going to take Mona and I told drunky to keep Joey who was just under a year old, but he insisted they stay together(the only sane thing he ever did) and that's when we moved and the past 11 years have been no yelling, no anger, nothing but attention, brushing, tuna, clean box & water and regular checkups.

Gabriel: That is a wonderful story. I'm so glad that you were able to keep the kitties together and give them such a safe, happy life!

MRD: - I'm sorry for your friend's loss but that elevator story cracked me up. I can only imagine what her new neighbors must think.

Henry has been taking a break from his film career, but I'm hoping to catch him in "action" again soon. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so maybe I can get him in his raincoat plastered up against the door!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3149744;
    Well I adopted Mona from a friend who was moving to another state, then Mr. drunky wanted something to love him so we went and got joey and of course I was joeys defender from day one and when I moved, I was going to take Mona and I told drunky to keep Joey who was just under a year old, but he insisted they stay together(the only sane thing he ever did) and that's when we moved and the past 11 years have been no yelling, no anger, nothing but attention, brushing, tuna, clean box & water and regular checkups.
    Awwww! I'm so glad that Joey and Mona were kept together! And so happy that you spoiled Mona and continue to spoil Joey with love, attention, tuna, and oh....fire drills!! And I'm very glad that you got away from Mr. Drunky. You deserve so much better!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

We had a bad thunderstorm here and Bogie tried to get under the sofa. I need to download my photos of him mostly under the sofa during the storm. He's always been scared, but this is the first time he's tried to hide. Usually he wants to be held or near us, Rosie goes and hides in the closet.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3150927;
    Awwww! I'm so glad that Joey and Mona were kept together! And so happy that you spoiled Mona and continue to spoil Joey with love, attention, tuna, and oh....fire drills!! And I'm very glad that you got away from Mr. Drunky. You deserve so much better!
    That reminds me - I need to do a fire drill

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3151004;
    We had a bad thunderstorm here and Bogie tried to get under the sofa. I need to download my photos of him mostly under the sofa during the storm. He's always been scared, but this is the first time he's tried to hide. Usually he wants to be held or near us, Rosie goes and hides in the closet.
    Oh poor Bogie, and Rosie - of course Waldo was probably running around going NYUK NYUK NYUK NYUK

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3151043;
    That reminds me - I need to do a fire drill
    I must have missed something about fire drills.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3151048;
    I must have missed something about fire drills.
    I haven't done one in over 2 years since Mona was alive. But I set off the smoke detector and they used to run to the bedroom where I would follow, close the door, stuff them both in the big carrier and be ready to rip out the window screen and lower them with the rope near the window, then I would jump out.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3151066;
    I haven't done one in over 2 years since Mona was alive. But I set off the smoke detector and they used to run to the bedroom where I would follow, close the door, stuff them both in the big carrier and be ready to rip out the window screen and lower them with the rope near the window, then I would jump out.
    Wow, those are some very trained kitties. But a VERY, VERY good idea. That is one of my biggest fears is that the house would catch on fire while no one is home to help the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3151117;
    Wow, those are some very trained kitties. But a VERY, VERY good idea. That is one of my biggest fears is that the house would catch on fire while no one is home to help the dogs.
    I also have the attached sign on all of my windows: (of course when my little girl was around the other line said Grey tabby - Mona...) In case my landlord needs to come in for an emergency, I have the other at my door when you open it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MRD

We have those stickers on some of the windows and by the doors. But I still worry.

ETA: well not the EXACT same stickers as mine obviously does NOT say white and black cat named Joey.

+ Reply to Thread