+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1136Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I've always left my furry friends remains for the vet to dispose of.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there, I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow;
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush,
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft star that shines at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry.
    I am not there; I did not die.

Damn you Uncle David.... :nono

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3147759;
    I'm lucky that there is a pet "funeral home" type place near me that will come to your home and pick up your deceased pet and do what is necessary, according to your wishes, if you call them. We are talking funeral services, caskets, cremations, whatever. That blew me away, especially when they also advertise that you can have a funeral with invited guests, too. ..And, just like with humans, their phones are answered 24/7.
    I think the pet funeral home is a fabulous idea. Many pets are just like family members and it would be helpful for those who lose a pet to be able to call there for help and understanding. And to be able to have a service if they wish.

pgm35: I've never been a fan of burying any animal in a back yard only because people move away. It's not like the old days where the family farm stays in the family for generations. Particularly for city lots. I'd have to say I'd be pretty upset if I decided to do some landscaping and came across some old bones of someone's beloved pets from long ago.

myrosiedog: OMGosh. I can't imagine having to take my dearly departed pet down an elevator in a garbage bag. I would have taken the stairs, or waited until 1am when I knew no-one would be around. Or called my vet or family for assistance.

gabriel: I'm with you. All of my kitties ashes will go with me to the beyond. And should I pass before them, they are to be taken care of until such time as they go to Rainbow Bridge. It will be their ashes and mine together forever.

Uncle David: Did you have to post that?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3148336;
    Omg, your poor friend, mrd. I couldn't help but laugh at that story. I mean what else could go wrong?
    Well she at least could laugh about it and maybe that was
    Shadow's final gift because she's been so upset about losing him, that by Sunday when she told me this, she was laughing and able to see the humor in part of it.

I may have a warped, twisted, sick sense of humor, but I tend to laugh at times of trouble. But I think that it's what helps me cope. Don't get me wrong, I still get upset, cry, go through a period of grief, but through the tears, I'm usually able to find something humerous about the situation too.
    After all, laughter IS the best medicine.

I think I still remain the only person that has played a practical joke during a funeral (it's not as bad as it sounds and it was more of a casual gathering than a real solemn funeral type service. And it was outside, not in a church or funeral home or anything. Still it was unexpected, but well received and a perfect tribute to my dad. He would have loved it more than the more traditional type funeral things like hymns and readings and whatnot.)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Time for a happier memory! This week marks the 10th anniversary of welcoming Bjorn into my life. Even though he's gone now, that first day with him, with all of the promises of happiness before us, will always be special to me.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Newf - What a great thing to remember!

MRD

GReat to have good memories to fall back on isn't it? Here's to Bjorn!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Exactly what I was trying to express above Newf. It's the memories.

Great memories. I love those, thinking about when I adopted Mona at 4 years old 13 years ago, and Joey 12 years ago in 2 weeks when he was about 6 weeks. My boy has sure grown and even though I still miss Mona something awful I have wonderful memories of her and pictures too. That's why I always tell people to take lots of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3149054;
    Time for a happier memory! This week marks the 10th anniversary of welcoming Bjorn into my life. Even though he's gone now, that first day with him, with all of the promises of happiness before us, will always be special to me.
    Yay for BJORN and happy memories! Please tell us when you first saw each other....did you find Bjorn? Did he find you? Do you still have his baby picture?

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    ..Great memories. I love those, thinking about when I adopted Mona at 4 years old 13 years ago, and Joey 12 years ago in 2 weeks when he was about 6 weeks. My boy has sure grown and even though I still miss Mona something awful I have wonderful memories of her and pictures too. That's why I always tell people to take lots of pictures.
    You too gabriel please. I didn't remember that when you adopted Mona, she was already 4 years old. I know that you had someone not-so-nice in your life at the time and kicked him out. Is that when you kept Mona?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread