+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Well not sure if I should post this or not. But my friend that lost her dog last week was telling me more about what happened later. She has just moved into a new apartment building that used to be an old textile mill. It's HUGE and a lot of people live there. So she was trying to figure out what to do with Shadow and decided to put him in a plastic trash bag to take his body to the vet's (she was having him cremated). She gets on the elevator and there are other peope on it and she is trying to shift her load as she has her purse and keys too and she she does, poor Shadow's head falls out of the bag and just lolls over on her arm. She said the people on the elevator gave her a look of horror and all piled out on the next floor.
    I told her that was a heck of a way to meet the new neighbors.

At least she could laugh about this part. She's had a hard time adjusting without him, but this at least could make her smile.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

What a nightmare for your friend! I can't even imagine how that must have looked! RIP Shadow.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I couldn't imagine being one of the people in the elevator and seeing that.

I've finally met someone that has as many weird things happen to them as I do.

She said she wasn't laughing at the time, but after getting back from the vets and thinking about the whole situation and the horrified neighbors, she said it really was kind of funny. She says that now probably the whole complex is talking about the "weird lady with the dead dog in the trashbag-better stay away from that woman folks!"

At least she won't be bothered by them if they are scared of her!! To be a fly on the wall in one of their apartments after witnessing that in the elevator!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3147739;
    At least she won't be bothered by them if they are scared of her!! To be a fly on the wall in one of their apartments after witnessing that in the elevator!
    I can just imagine the conversations. She's met a lot of people hanging out at the pool and I"ve met some of them too and they are real nice, but can you imagine them spreading that around the complex? "Hey, you won't believe what the new neighbor had in the elevator!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3147743;
    I can just imagine the conversations. She's met a lot of people hanging out at the pool and I"ve met some of them too and they are real nice, but can you imagine them spreading that around the complex? "Hey, you won't believe what the new neighbor had in the elevator!!!"
    If anyone makes her mad, she can just look at them and say "You wouldn't want to end up like the dog would you?"
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3147747;
    If anyone makes her mad, she can just look at them and say "You wouldn't want to end up like the dog would you?"
    I'll have to pass that along.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm lucky that there is a pet "funeral home" type place near me that will come to your home and pick up your deceased pet and do what is necessary, according to your wishes, if you call them. We are talking funeral services, caskets, cremations, whatever. That blew me away, especially when they also advertise that you can have a funeral with invited guests, too. I guess they've found a niche market. I can't tell you how long my mouth hung open in "ohmygoshness" when I found that out.

And, just like with humans, their phones are answered 24/7.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-29-2008 at 12:24 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's a good idea to do that for people. Most people I know don't have the first clue as to what to do if their pet passes away in their home.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

That is a good idea.

There is a drive in funeral home near here. It's in an old bank and they have "visitations" where you can drive through the drivethrough and pay your respects to the deceased who is on display beind the glass. I thought, OMG, how tacky and "country" can you get???

But the pet funeral home is actually a very good idea because so many communities now have laws against burying a deceased pet on your property. (which I want to know how they would know if you did that and who exactly enforces that particular city code? "Hello, I'm the backyard pet burial code enforcement officer and you're going to have to dig Fido back up and dispose of him in another way." Would be a real popular job I'm guessing.)

+ Reply to Thread